Tips to avoid getting jacked

If anyone has the balls to come up my driveway and try to steal my **** I would be amazed.
And if they do I will have to investigate California law on shooting theives. I really should do this before I shoot someone.
FWIW, someone in my area is currently awaiting trial on manslaughter charges. He saw a few folks in his driveway opening car doors, walked out with his pistol, one of the folks ran toward him, and he fired two shots killing the guy. It looks like the homeowner may spend a good deal of time in prison.

FWIW, someone in my area is currently awaiting trial on manslaughter charges. He saw a few folks in his driveway opening car doors, walked out with his pistol, one of the folks ran toward him, and he fired two shots killing the guy. It looks like the homeowner may spend a good deal of time in prison.
He might do some time, might not. That's all in how good the lawyers are at this point.

I caught a kid trying to steal my system a couple years ago. I ran after him, tackled him in the street and had to fire a shot to get him to stay put.

It was raining and I was in my underwear and barefoot, I was in bed when I heard him in the car.

I wasn't even detained. All I had to do was say that he used force in the commission of the crime and at that point I could establish having fear for my safety and the safety of my family.

Knowing the law is the way to go.

On the security subject there is plenty to do that will help prevent theft. My system is invisible. The windows are stock tint in the back, 15%, the fronts are way lighter at 30%. There are no stickers, no fancy rims, no clubs, nothing to make it look like it has anything to steal. I only have the factory alarm but I don't park anywhere that I have to worry about. I can see my truck at work and there is only 4 of us who work on the whole street. I am lucky this way but I also have the box bolted in place, the subs are recessed and held in with torx screws and the only things you can see are the HU and if the light is just right, the tweeters in the bottom of the doors.

My method has about stealthy install. A thief would rather take the sure thing that is visible than break in for some unknown commodities.

Best Bet to not get jacked besides common sense measures:

-Don't brag about your system to anyone that you cant trust.

-Don't beat hard/loud before going to park your car- (i.e beating before you pull into the mall)

-Some kind of blinking light to hint you have an Alarm, my car has it built in, a red blinking light. Will have thieves thinking twice...In fact in guides on car shopping, they advise "If something makes your believe the car is alarmed leave it alone). Guy i know actually rigged a led into his dashboard vents to have it blink

OVERALL DO NOT have any thing installed publicly by bestbuy etc. People will note your car ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY KNOW how everything is installed...PLUS they may have your information as well(phone number, addresses) Simply they can Relay that information to their people and bham a week later everything neatly removed from you car right in front of your **** house. **** never happened to me but a place that installed systems had about 80% of their customers magically coming up with their systems stolen. Nice ahey?

Getting jacked ain't fun. It's happened to me four times. All between the ages of 17 and 25. I finally got smart and started hiding my installs along with installing intelligent alarm setups. Every time you just walk out and stand there in disbelief... not wanting to think that everything is gone but you see the wires hanging, the door lock pryed with a screwdriver, the windows broken. Sometimes one of the amplifiers is still there, four of six screws removed... they got spooked and left the best amp:D. It *****.... And then you find out that a "so called" friend you showed the system to is the culprit! I haven't had a car broken into or system stolen in over 10 years now but I'm always leary of who I let know what's in the car. Including you guys lol. Great sticky.

Another way to protect your car is to rig up something that works in conjunction with your alarm that would put a high voltage on the metal body of your car once the system is armed. That way a thief could not even touch your car period. Not enough voltage to kill just enough to be very uncomfortable no matter what protection the thief may be wearing.

Tesladownunder%20Car%20Theft%20Protection%201000.jpg

I knew the Telsa Car Security would make it here some time! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I make coils myself, ones that play music, very similar to class D amps actually, which is why I jumped into this area. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I think I read all 17 pages and didn't even see this: Install pinhole CCD cameras into your dash or onto your rear view mirror. This way if all attempts to prevent the theft fail, at least you can identify the person and show the video to police. You can also install cheap infrared security cameras looking down into your driveway.

I've also used different non-standard screws and bolts and filled the heads with solder. I chained my head unit to the car by using the backstrap screw slot on the back of my Alpine, wrapping the chain around a metal bar in the frame, and locked it in with a padlock. I made the chain so short that nobody can fit any tools behind the head unit to remove the bolt securing the chain. I can barely slip my hand in and use a key to remove the lock.

I also ran a chain through the heatsink of my amp, wrapped it around a bar in the frame, and used a padlock there. Even if they cut the chain the amp is attached to, they can't remove the bolts holding the amp down because of the solder (unless they have a soldering tool with them and melt it away, which I highly doubt). They would have to remove the entire back seat.

I don't know if stereo thieves usually carry something that can cut through locks/chains, but it gives me a peace of mind knowing that if anything it will slow them down a bit.

dnt kno if its been posted or not but ppl wit f150s yall need alarms cuz thats the easiest car to get into cuz of the the whole screwdriver trick

....same with impalas expos chargers and malibus
pm me what said trick consists of.. i have a f150 AND a expo.. and i REALLY dont want my **** getting jacked AGAIN

"I don't know if alarm stickers (such as "Protected by Viper", etc) is a good idea or not. Some say it's a good deterrent, some say it makes it easy for code scanners to 'unlock' your code. If somebody knows more about this issue, please shed some light..."

Random thought: get a car alarm and then get a sticker from a DIFFERENT car alarm. That way you get the deterrent part but if anyone tries to crack in based on the sticker they'll be all sorts of confused.

Get a Lexus. If you break the window and try to pop the trunk the alarm will go off. If you disconnect the power, you can't open the trunk. You can't get into the trunk via. back seat, there is a gas tank in the way.

never play your music loud when you are going to park your auto and going to get off to go to the store/mall/theater.it would call attention.you can turn the music up when you are leaving the parking lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...