Tips to avoid getting jacked

Silly idea, but I just thought I'd add another tip. Sign all your equipment with a permanent marker. Might lower resale value though but at least it may also deter the thief (hopefully) because he wont be able to resell it.

Don't know if this is already on here, but the only two things you can see to tell I have a system is tweeters and head unit with no face plate. Everything else is hidden underneath or behind seats that would need to be unbolted to get at it. And both amps are of the design that the screws mount inside the housing so you'd probably damage them trying to pry them out.

Don't know if this is already on here, but the only two things you can see to tell I have a system is tweeters and head unit with no face plate. Everything else is hidden underneath or behind seats that would need to be unbolted to get at it. And both amps are of the design that the screws mount inside the housing so you'd probably damage them trying to pry them out.
great info, well I honestly have not given this topic to much thought, Ive been focused only on the sounds. Id really cant afford something to expensive, do to the fact that I just finished my setup. I figured That for someone to steel my stuff He would have to kill me. Cause I make sure I don't leave my car anywhere unsafe. I live in E.L.A the thief capital of the world . Anyways what can anybody suggest on securing my sounds. I have these 2 boxes and under them 5 amps.

GRACIAS

Silly idea, but I just thought I'd add another tip. Sign all your equipment with a permanent marker. Might lower resale value though but at least it may also deter the thief (hopefully) because he wont be able to resell it.
Or, you can engrave the equipment.

Lose all re-sell value but **** would be hard to sell to someone.

4th Order bandpass bolted to the frame is an excellent idea.

I have never heard of peizio tweets, I'll have to look into those.

Maybe some sort of frequency generator hooked into the alarm.

3000hz is the most painful sound to the human ear.

Or, you could have a car like this and wire all of these into the alarm.

l_2318bbe68e195c9eb71730d5468a145b.jpg

Also,

Just remembered what I forgot to mention in the last post.

Park in a garage at night.

Have all of the normal alarm goodies, peizio's, lights etc.

And keep your dogs in the garage.

Preferably Pit bulls.

If you have a Black widow alarm, put Viper stickers on you car.

If you have a Viper alarm, put Black widow stickers, and vice vesa with any brand name.

(something I just thought up)

Glue razor blades on the bottom of your sub box, mount your amp somewhere under the backseats or somewhere locked up and hard to get at.

Have hoodpins / trunk pins. Put Jensen stickers on your car.

Park in places where people walk by every few seconds, get a Pager alarm.

Whats the need of 15 sirens, and spending 2 days hiding the brain or spending 4 months re-routing the hood release and doing all this other crap when as soon as my alarm goes off I know about it. Wether I put the 12v positive battery lead across the driver side window for him to smash the window and cut in 1 second, or take "literally fifteen" seconds to pop the hood and cut the power to the battery.

ONE, my alarm keeps going off because of battery back up.

TWO, to disable my alarm, the alarm has to go off first and if it's going off, my 2way has already told me about it, I don't care if he disables it or not, or if 12.5 sirens atract people, I'm running to my car with an extendable baseball bat.

What's the need of 15 sirens and spending 2 days hiding the brain or spending 4 months re-routing the hood release and doing all these other things when as soon as my alarm goes off I know about it.

Because all that extra noise & effort might just very possibly and most likely make the punk(s) decide to give up & run from the scene faster...especially the added noise. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

I'm running to my car with an extendable baseball bat.

Might want a gun...they might have one! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

as silly as it sounds keep your ride as stock as possible....no stickers and when your a few blocks from your destination turn that **** down....be freaking stealth...haters and thugs are everywhere

I ran two fat bolts threw my sub boxes and floor so that when im four wheeling they dont get damaged but now that i think about it that will help with not getting stolen too.

HAHAHA

Glue razor blades on the bottom of your sub box, mount your amp somewhere under the backseats or somewhere locked up and hard to get at. Have hoodpins / trunk pins. Put Jensen stickers on your car.Park in places where people walk by every few seconds, get a Pager alarm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...