The Best Amp

Right now I have 2 JBL 1200.1 amps...Just to get things started, I'm sure someone has a bigger amp than me.

I have a Concept CCD1200.1 that will fry an altenator and kill a battery in record time, the impressive part is that it never even gets warm to the touch while doing it( high efficiency ).It will also "KILL ON COMMAND" almost any sub you hook up to it, when hooked up to a digital multimeter I was able to get 57volts at the outputs into a 2ohm load (two mtx thunder 8000"s) playing the song "outta space" by Mello trax, 57 volts ac translates into over 1600watts (1624.5) of music power, or 1181watts rms, this is well above what the amps rated to do at a 2ohm load( its rated to do 800watts rms).

I'd like to run it at a 1ohm load to see what it would do, but I don't think my electrical system could handle the strain.

Thats my story.

Bity of an open ended question isnt it?

A best amp can fall under many categories, bit like best car - it could be best for SQ, SPL, low distortion, it draws v.lil current, its good v4$ and so on.

But to cut the bull Im going looking for some Zapco 9.0 in the next few days = 1x2000RMS@1-4ohm!!!!!!!!+some DD 3512 or maybe some 9012 (if any still around) =

= ) (or maybe some beyond audio??????????????)

Zapcos have always made very good quality sh*t, very clean and powerful, even if on the expensive side.

Er.....that's it!

Originally posted by stones I have a Concept CCD1200.1 that will fry an altenator and kill a battery in record time, the impressive part is that it never even gets warm to the touch while doing it( high efficiency ).It will also "KILL ON COMMAND" almost any sub you hook up to it, when hooked up to a digital multimeter I was able to get 57volts at the outputs into a 2ohm load (two mtx thunder 8000"s) playing the song "outta space" by Mello trax, 57 volts ac translates into over 1600watts (1624.5) of music power, or 1181watts rms, this is well above what the amps rated to do at a 2ohm load( its rated to do 800watts rms).

I'd like to run it at a 1ohm load to see what it would do, but I don't think my electrical system could handle the strain.

Thats my story.
Just so you know...That # you came up with is a rough estimate at the very best. Unless you're playing a test tone of known frequency and you know exactly what impedance your sub/enclosure operate at given that frequency your power calcualtion is basically meaningless.

I HAVE A D CLASS CONCEPT 2400WATTS OF POWER!

I TESTED IT WITH A METER AND AFTER AN AUDIOBAHN CAP,AND A EXTRA BATTERY IT WAS PUTING OUT 2400 WATTS. AND I ONLY HAVE A 1 OHM LOAD.

IT HITS SO HARD.

i have 6 amps 4 wont be in my system

the 2 memphis i am using now

best sq amp i have is a monolithic a100 i do believe it is called (no model numbers on it) pure class a dual mono left and right 50 watts rms per side on a slate board. its sorta plain looking though i got it from an old rep buddy for 300 bucks.

biggest amp i have is a us amp us 400 its rated at 1500 watts rms @ 2 ohms but anyone that knows us amps they love reactive loads it bottomed out 6 oz audio 300 l dvcs in a 2 cft seal box and it was a tight box. it has 3 power and 3 grounds and is recomended to use a 180 amp anl fuse under the hood just for that amp.

Originally posted by n2audio  

Just so you know...That # you came up with is a rough estimate at the very best. Unless you're playing a test tone of known frequency and you know exactly what impedance your sub/enclosure operate at given that frequency your power calcualtion is basically meaningless.
What kind of an a$$hole are you!!!!!!

Do you take me for some dumb kid, the frequency tested was 90hz at 1.5ohms so F*CK YOU!!

WHY IS IT THAT SOME FAT STUPID LAZY BASTARD THAT HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN PISS ON OTHER PEOPLE, ALWAYS COMES ALONG AND PISSES ME OFF WITH HIS UNBELEIVABLE IGNORANCE. N2AUDIO-IF YOU WERE A PERSON OF ANY REAL WISDOM YOU WOULD KNOW ENOUGH TO SHUT YOUR ****ED MOUTH, YOU DARE TO COME IN HERE SAYING "you wrong, Im smart, Im so smart I must go and tell every one how much I know" YOU DON"T KNOW DICK ABOUT ANYTHING, AND IF I SEE YOU ON THE STREET I WILL HIT YOU WITH MY CAR:furious:

XOXO-Stones

stones dont even bother getting into it with this guy. he just starts stuff goes to richard clark begging to prove you wrong like he did me until i sorta broke down what i was saying then everyone sorta backed off lol was funny...like i would #$%$ bother making up stuff to sound smart....put it this way for what i know and at some of the things i over look (sometimes the simpliest detail) is a thorn for many a day.... he even stated that (in his post on car sound) he thought he was smarter than me after 2 lines..... all i gotta say is why dont he take his pyramid woofers go to a few regionals and do a lil sumthin sumthin before talking to people only show i didnt trophy at was world finals and that i honestly can say was due to electrical failure of a component............yet i get talked down to by this nut -yawnz- just dont hit him with your car people like that aint worth the dents...wanna argue but gotta get advice over what to say next.....hahaha that aint even his own fight........i have alot more respect for people that at least state what they know rather than asking at the moment then posting like they be smart lol

I understand where your coming from AUDIOLIFE, its just that blasting a little stress off my shoulders feels good every once and awhile and I just can't stand stuckup ignorant people calling me stupid.

The procedure I used to test my amp was the same procedure that the boyz at AUTO SOUND & SECURITY and MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT magizine use to test the amps they review, I personally preferr their way of testing because it gives a real world number you can work with, BUT this is stupid according to some people I geuss.... Its a sick,sick world, but I wouldn't know what do with myself if it were any different.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Anyways enough rambling, everybody out there if your listening I want to hear about your amp and what you think of it, even the cheap stuff, If somone blasts you on your choice of amps I will be the first to cast a pox on the offending basterds loins(LOL)

P.S.- ArcaneParadise if you are reading this I am sorry for blasting you before for asking questions that I thought were trivial at the time, now that I know how it feels I am alot more humble, truth be known there is no such thing as an unworthy car audio question, we all have to start somewhere. The more I learn the more I realize how little I actually know:rolleyes:

if you look at carsound message board he prolly asked someone how you could be wrong like he did me except noone did-they agreed until richard said it was voodoo then i wrote a report...richard then agreed i could have went into even greater detail over the other crap but it is trulllllllllly pointless lol see thing is if you "know your stuff" you shouldnt need to see a report things just fall into place.

Anyways enough rambling, everybody out there if your listening I want to hear about your amp and what you think of it, even the cheap stuff,
well, i have 2 amps, fosgate punch 800.2 and alpine mrv-f300s. i'll start with the fosgate amp. this amp didnt really impress me much to tell you the truth, i think its because i expected too much from it. with this said, i can still say this amp falls in the category of good to very good. lots and lots of power. i just kinda hate the gain controls. its really sensitive and theres no markings to tell u what volts its being set at. it also gets hot, but my lightning audio cooling fan seems to actually work =). i would recommend this amp to anyone who is looking for a good class a/b amp. now to my alpine amp, this one is great. nice, clean power. can't say enough about this amp. no heating problems whatsoever (although its only a 30x4 hehehe). anyways, i'm happy with both, only thing i'd switch out my 800.2 for is a power 800.2 or a good class D. and i'm going to stick with alpine for 4 channel amps.

Originally posted by stones
Anyways enough rambling, everybody out there if your listening I want to hear about your amp and what you think of it, even the cheap stuff, [/b]

I have a PPI2240 not huge power but seems to do the job. The sound quality of the amp is resonablely good from what i hear. I also have a legacy 4ch "600Watts" sure! it runs my four interior speakers 5 1/4 and 1" tweeters components up front and rear 6x9. sounds alright to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.