System Build Help. Subs And Amp.

XKawN916

CarAudio.com Recruit
hey all. looking for a pair of 12's and amp. i want SQ, but also want to blow my windows out when i'm in the mood. right now i have 4 6x9 infinity kappa's in each door (jeep patriot. they're being pushed by 400.4 infinity amp. i have 2 infinity kappa 12's being pushed by a 1000w infinity amp. sounds good and all and hits a little hard, but i want more. thinking of replacing the 12's and woofer amp with this. anything else i should go with? i like heavy metal like system of a down and tool, but also love rap and bass. please help with deciding enclosure type as well. this will all be professionally installed and box will be custom built by a top notch builder. i think i should have plenty of trunk space for anything beings it's a jeep patriot. money is not the biggest concern. would like to get best bang for the buck. nothing outrageous. what i'm looking at right now is. thank you guys.

X-12 V.2 D2 - Sundown Audio 12" 1500W RMS Dual 2-Ohm X V.2 Series Subwoofer

ORION HCCA HCCA3000.1DSPLX, Class D Amplifier 3000 WATTS RMS 01 OHM

Number of subs preferred: 2

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12's???

Budget: open

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance):

Space available (take measurements, do not guess):

Goals: kick ass bass at times and metal at times

Listening habits:

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: open. just whatever is best.

hey all. looking for a pair of 12's and amp. i want SQ, but also want to blow my windows out when i'm in the mood. right now i have 4 6x9 infinity kappa's in each door (jeep patriot. they're being pushed by 400.4 infinity amp. i have 2 infinity kappa 12's being pushed by a 1000w infinity amp. sounds good and all and hits a little hard, but i want more. thinking of replacing the 12's and woofer amp with this. anything else i should go with? i like heavy metal like system of a down and tool, but also love rap and bass. please help with deciding enclosure type as well. this will all be professionally installed and box will be custom built by a top notch builder. i think i should have plenty of trunk space for anything beings it's a jeep patriot. money is not the biggest concern. would like to get best bang for the buck. nothing outrageous. what i'm looking at right now is. thank you guys.

X-12 V.2 D2 - Sundown Audio 12" 1500W RMS Dual 2-Ohm X V.2 Series Subwoofer

ORION HCCA HCCA3000.1DSPLX, Class D Amplifier 3000 WATTS RMS 01 OHM

Number of subs preferred: 2

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12's???

Budget: open

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance):

Space available (take measurements, do not guess):

Goals: kick ass bass at times and metal at times

Listening habits:

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: open. just whatever is best.
Best is very subjective, you can get great sound out a massive variety of brands. i googled your ride and it seems 140 amps is the biggest factory they’ve put in that vehicle.
That said:
1. I’d advise against that hcca for your application...you don’t have the amperage for it. Consider a full bridge like a taramps
2. If you haven’t already done so You’ll likely want to do your big 3 and put in a Big agm battery in back . This will Stabilize voltage for powe uptick . Factor $250-300 for that minimum for passing into 2k+ System wattage threshold
3. Subs will dictate the amp you get but your vehicle electrical dicates power that your vehicle can make. You’ll probably need a 4-5k watts for those x-12 woofers you mentioned. May want to consider 750-1000rms spl oriented woofers.

also, before you go all new everything, is the current enclosure your kappas are in custom or prefab. Those subs are 500 rms 2000 max. If you’re in prefab now consider doing the electrical upgrades, get a bigger full bridge amp (taramps md3000 for example) and get those subs in correct ported enclosure.

Best is very subjective, you can get great sound out a massive variety of brands. i googled your ride and it seems 140 amps is the biggest factory they’ve put in that vehicle.
That said:
1. I’d advise against that hcca for your application...you don’t have the amperage for it. Consider a full bridge like a taramps
2. If you haven’t already done so You’ll likely want to do your big 3 and put in a Big agm battery in back . This will Stabilize voltage for powe uptick . Factor $250-300 for that minimum for passing into 2k+ System wattage threshold
3. Subs will dictate the amp you get but your vehicle electrical dicates power that your vehicle can make. You’ll probably need a 4-5k watts for those x-12 woofers you mentioned. May want to consider 750-1000rms spl oriented woofers.

also, before you go all new everything, is the current enclosure your kappas are in custom or prefab. Those subs are 500 rms 2000 max. If you’re in prefab now consider doing the electrical upgrades, get a bigger full bridge amp (taramps md3000 for example) and get those subs in correct ported enclosure.

prefab sealed enclosure. custom ported enclosure will make a big difference? i thought about that, but didn't want to do that and a few months later still want more power/better woofers.

i plan on getting H/O Alt and doing the big 3 (4). just trying to find a decent place in my area to get it done. i'm handicapped and not able to do it myself. i live in sacramento and there's a custom box builder named gately that's supposed to be pretty good.

prefab sealed enclosure. custom ported enclosure will make a big difference? i thought about that, but didn't want to do that and a few months later still want more power/better woofers.

i plan on getting H/O Alt and doing the big 3 (4). just trying to find a decent place in my area to get it done. i'm handicapped and not able to do it myself. i live in sacramento and there's a custom box builder named gately that's supposed to be pretty good.

They're giving you great info in this thread. Those X's are going to need a lot more than 3,000 watts. Going to need a HO alt and extra Batteries. 2 Runs of 1/0. Going to need to build a big box for those also. Never buy a prefab. I would suggest Sundown SA's rev 3 or even Version 2.

I'd go with the sa or u too since you listen to metal. If you build your own box people on here can help you with the design.
Those kappa 12s can been greatly improved with a proper enclosure also

So a bigger amp, beefier electrical, and custom ported enclosure is going increase your output immensely. But, Factoring you’re already thinking of different subs, sure bite the bullet and get spl subs...your Money and expectations. I’d steer clear from high power handling subs that You’re not going to be able to effectively power. Also big a$$ subs like are heavy and need larger enclosure (5 cubes or more for two) which may totally consume your cargo area and create stress on your factory suspension. Not to diss but the patriot is a much smaller sibling of a Cherokee

a ho alternator Goes on your vehicle like A regular alternator. if you go alternator before doing big three and battery first, try finding a retired ase mechanic on craigslist, they can Install your big three wires too. Shouldn’t cost you more then $100 total if you provide the part and wire. I paid 60$. Alts are bolt on bolt off on most applications.

a single run off of 2/0 welding (same Size and type as you big 3 wire) or 1/0 car audio wire (expensive) should be fine for a 3k or 5k full bridge amp (Like a taramps). A 150-180$ Duracell agm from sams club situated in the Cargo area by your subs and amp would good giving you some support should you try to impress the block with your engine off (Although probably not for a long Time)

as Ripkon stated, research and Target a musical spl sub. Sa’s are probably plenty for your goals and Xfl’s bang too factoring Power recommendations you’ve already probably read.

I'd go with the sa or u too since you listen to metal. If you build your own box people on here can help you with the design.
Those kappa 12s can been greatly improved with a proper enclosure also

i thought the same when I read the specs. 500 rms/2000 max and 2.5 cubes recommendation for ported enclosure

i thought the same when I read the specs. 500 rms/2000 max and 2.5 cubes recommendation for ported enclosure
They're nice sounding subs. Not particularly loud but sound good
He's not doing them justice sealed prefab. Idk what sq is to op or anyone for that matter so subjective but the kappa sub sounds nice to me in a good enclosure of course

Idk he'll probably go down the rabbit hole fix up he's sub stage with more power different subs then want louder mids and highs etc etc

i had the infinity perfect 12.1's in a sealed enclosure back in the late 90's. they were being pushed by a 1000 watt fosgate power series amp. the sq and spl were amazing. thats why i went with these infinity's again.

so, thoughts on starting with a custom ported enclosure and the big 3 (4) upgrade? then getting a more suitable amp for the 12's if needed? you think that will make a decent difference?

i had the infinity perfect 12.1's in a sealed enclosure back in the late 90's. they were being pushed by a 1000 watt fosgate power series amp. the sq and spl were amazing. thats why i went with these infinity's again.

so, thoughts on starting with a custom ported enclosure and the big 3 (4) upgrade? then getting a more suitable amp for the 12's if needed? you think that will make a decent difference?
For me if I had them (I primarily listen to metal) going for sq I'd probably go a little smaller than their recommend airspace tuned probably 35 36 ish. I'd want to model to pin point airspace and tune.
Enclosure is key. You'll notice a difference
If I were you I'd put them in a better enclosure then decide before throwing a lot of money at it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.