System Build Help. Subs And Amp.

For me if I had them (I primarily listen to metal) going for sq I'd probably go a little smaller than their recommend airspace tuned probably 35 36 ish. I'd want to model to pin point airspace and tune.
Enclosure is key. You'll notice a difference
If I were you I'd put them in a better enclosure then decide before throwing a lot of money at it.
awesome. thank you guys. i think i'll start with the ported tuned to 35 and the electrical upgrade. then we'll go from there.

actually, gonna change my mind. i want to make a big difference and make sure i'm happy rather than just get a custom box and make a moderate difference. i don't mind spending a few bucks to make that big difference. so, here's what i'm thinking after reading the posts. thinking of going with the sundown audio rev.3 and a taramps amp. so, the ohm's thing is a bit confusing though. the rev.3 comes in dual 2ohm and dual 4ohm. the taramps md 1800.1 has a 1, 2 and 4ohm. questions.

1)will these match up well?
2)good sq and spl?
3)is ported box best for these?
4)which ohm loads for these woofers and amp would match up?

thanks for all your help everyone. still plan on getting a H/O alt and doing the big 3 (4).

another question. i have an infinity k1000 which is 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms. would it be better amp wise if i just got another k1000 and have one each of these amps pushing these subs rather than get the taramps?

SA-12 D4 REV.3

Dual sub amp connection challenges and that small amp is going to cost you more than the taramps and the combined amperage draw on two of those amps is going to be more than the taramps with less output

So, this is what I'm looking at. Thoughts on these subs for the money vs. Eachother. Sq/spl. The box will be built by gately is a ported pre built 4.75 tuned at 35hz for a pair of 12"s. Amp will be 3000.1 rms. H/O 300 amp alt, big 3, extra battery, etc. So here are the subs I'm looking at.

American bass xr-12d4 $312 each but 30% off right now.

Sundown u-12 d4 $420 each

Sundown x-12 d4 v.2 $520 each

Just checking on peoples thoughts on these. Thank you.

actually, gonna change my mind. i want to make a big difference and make sure i'm happy rather than just get a custom box and make a moderate difference. i don't mind spending a few bucks to make that big difference. so, here's what i'm thinking after reading the posts. thinking of going with the sundown audio rev.3 and a taramps amp. so, the ohm's thing is a bit confusing though. the rev.3 comes in dual 2ohm and dual 4ohm. the taramps md 1800.1 has a 1, 2 and 4ohm. questions.

1)will these match up well?
2)good sq and spl?
3)is ported box best for these?
4)which ohm loads for these woofers and amp would match up?

thanks for all your help everyone. still plan on getting a H/O alt and doing the big 3 (4).

you wont get any windows blown with anything like that. even less if its a sealed box, you wont get jack sh*t for results with a sealed box, absolute trash results with sealed when it comes to output those subs are made to thrive in ported. not all subs are sealed box friendly. Your signal is important as well, make sure you have a dedicated subwoofer RCA output not some kind of LOC. Your midbass needs to be very strong to keep up with the subs or else you'll have a void in the sound spectrum especially with your rock music choices.

Why not just hold off on upgrading till your budget doubles or triples and you can have a real upgrade?

Why not get yourself two XR's and a Taramps MD3000.1 one ohm version? $575
Screenshot_20191222-114246_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20191222-113355_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Why not get yourself two XR's and a Taramps MD3000.1 one ohm version? $575 View attachment 19371 View attachment 19368
Yeah, looking at that taramps amp. And also looking at the american bass 1200w xr-12d4

Wondering if the sundowns i listed would be worth twice the money. Don't mind spending the extra dollars if it's worth it. Any experiences with these models?

4.75 ported 35hz gately box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.