Switching up build need opinion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Deon1818

MN
My brother is always telling me to quit messing around and get an orion hcca15, they're weight on amazon is 82 pounds and they're $450, but I think 2 Sq hdc315s would sound better. Similar price right now on sale for 2.But I dont much care for taking up the whole rear end of my tahoe. I have two apcl 18001d amps. What do you guys thing. One beast 15 and save room, or will the 2 soundqubed be very much louder?

Cone area generally rules of course..A pair of 12s in 4.0/4.6 even@32 htz will slamm nicely in a Tahoe.Thats 24" of cone area compared to 15".My pair of tens in my Honda CRV in 4.0@32 HTZ with 1700 rms for the pair are right at the edge of rippling and toned down enough to keep from placing a crease in my non-deadened roof.Takes a good 2-4 weeks for the subs to really loosen up and really slamm, and time to re-tune.They get down nicely and do sound nice also for the money.I like the AB XFLs as well. Been happy with both subs, and seem to have lasted and take some power..Just my 2 cents/experience.You will still have some room in the rear to place some items in back

I recommend a pair of HDS 312s,or a pair of XFL 12s. Four HDS210s would get down(you could do 5.0?@32-36 htz and slamm pretty nicely??All about Budget,and the space you are willing to give up and a well built/properly tuned enclosure, and preps./deadening ect /power supply(voltage) ect. to get the most out of what you have. Utilize what you have

2 12s isn't 24in of cone area lol. You multiply radius.

Anyway I will not touch Orion. They got bought out for the 3rd time. This time they are owned by a South American flee market company.

I know how to figure out cone area, subtract the surround and a 12 is basically 11 inches so 5.5 squared times 3.14 making it 95 square inches. In the same matter a 15 is about 154 square inches. That's why u was going to do two 15s to get over 300 square inches of cone moving. I have considered xfl or hds series but figured the hdc315s would be monsters, and I could run a hdc315 if I needed space back. What do you guys think? If I had the same amount of power (same amps) on 2 xfl 15's would they be close to 2 hdc315s? Ps I did not know orion got bought out, thought the hcca subs were made the same as the old ones

I know how to figure out cone area, subtract the surround and a 12 is basically 11 inches so 5.5 squared times 3.14 making it 95 square inches. In the same matter a 15 is about 154 square inches. That's why u was going to do two 15s to get over 300 square inches of cone moving. I have considered xfl or hds series but figured the hdc315s would be monsters, and I could run a hdc315 if I needed space back. What do you guys think? If I had the same amount of power (same amps) on 2 xfl 15's would they be close to 2 hdc315s? Ps I did not know orion got bought out, thought the hcca subs were made the same as the old ones
Soundqubed and AB are budget bang. Proven design, cheap parts. They will do well for the price. But they do have low grade ferrite.

The current Orion line-up is too new to prove long-term reliability, but I have been reading good things. The company seems to be in good hands. If you want a shockingly big subwoofer the HCCA is just that.

Thats 24" of cone area compared to 15".
Dear God, please refrain from giving advice.

HDC3 is a great choice for the price provided you're willing to sacrifice enough cargo space for the box. The HCCA isn't really anything special as far as performance or power handling and you will eventually run into trouble when they stop making the recone kits again if you ever break it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.