Safe to be sealed

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimijim

First off thanks for the add...I am not really a Car Audio guy anymore, However I am a musician so I enjoy quality sound. I run a modest setup in my car, Bazooka BA1500 amp and a Soundstream t4-10 in a .75 Cft box. I am wondering if running this sub in a not vented enclosure will cause damage with long term use? I dont run it hard, My volumes are not extreme and the amp is set with gain and boost at %50. I chose sealed over ported for a tighter bass as my genre of music is more Alt/rock/metal, and the sound is exaxtly what I wanted. I just dont want to cause any damage.

First off thanks for the add...I am not really a Car Audio guy anymore, However I am a musician so I enjoy quality sound. I run a modest setup in my car, Bazooka BA1500 amp and a Soundstream t4-10 in a .75 Cft box. I am wondering if running this sub in a not vented enclosure will cause damage with long term use? I dont run it hard, My volumes are not extreme and the amp is set with gain and boost at %50. I chose sealed over ported for a tighter bass as my genre of music is more Alt/rock/metal, and the sound is exaxtly what I wanted. I just dont want to cause any damage.

Bass boost causes clipping. That will damage the woofer. Need to have bass boost at 0.. the gain needs to match HU rca voltage output so watch a video on how to set your amplifier gain.

Bass boost in this amplifier should be centered at 45 Hz. If the amplifier isn't being pushed hard then bass boost operates with no greater risk than an EQ adjustment. However, even just +3dB of boost asks the amplifier to double the power output, so use it with caution.

Yes, the sub is safe in a sealed enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.