help choosing a sub for a kicker kx2500.1 mono amp

That amp can make a good amount of power, more than most factory electrical systems can handle. What does your electrical consist of? Then decide how much room you plan on using for a box. Once you have the box size get a budget and we can make suggestions.

i need help choosing a sub/subs dvc 2ohms for a kicker kx2500.1 mono amp im so confused after trying 15" l7's 15"l5's and my old school kicker comp vrs 12" are still louder i dont get it any more im lost
what box were you using? If its a small sealed box, there's your problem. IF a pair of 15s arent louder than a pair of 12s its a severe flaw in your install and enclosure design. IF you dont address that, you wont get loud no matter what sub you buy. In this case its not the sub's fault this is clearly user error in terms of an improper enclosure/acoustical loading.

i am using 2 of these for the kicker l7's but there 4 ohm im having that issue i cant wire at 2 ohms only 1 ohm or 4ohm final load
Car Audio Subwoofer Single L7 L5 15" Vented Square Enclosure - 115SQV
so both the box and the ohm loads are messed up. Yes thats a complete garbage box. Without a properly designed custom box you wont get anywhere.

Never buy any pre-made box ever again and get one built by someone who knows how to get loud.

Thats about half the airspace the sub actually needs, its being strangled to death. I guarantee that a single 15 wired to 2 ohms in a properly build 5 cubic feet NET box will absolutely destroy your old setup.

so both the box and the ohm loads are messed up. Yes thats a complete garbage box. Without a properly designed custom box you wont get anywhere.
Never buy any pre-made box ever again and get one built by someone who knows how to get loud.

Thats about half the airspace the sub actually needs, its being strangled to death. I guarantee that a single 15 wired to 2 ohms in a properly build 5 cubic feet NET box will absolutely destroy your old setup.
do you think i should sell everything and get 2 2ohm dvc subs or make it work with what i have

i have 2 dvc kicker 15" l5s 4ohms new old stock in the box they say 2 ohms but meter says 4ohms 1500 peak each

,,,,,,,,, 2 dvc kicker 15" l7's 4ohms 2000w peak

,,,,,,,,,,2 12" dvc 2ohms kicker r's in the boxes 1000w peak

,,,,,,,,,,2 kicker vr's dvc 4ohms 800w peak old school

,,,,,,,,,,2 solobarics 12" 4ohms 800w peak old school

,,,,,,,,,,1 kicker dxa1500.1

,,,,,,,,,,1 kicker cx1200.1

,,,,,,,,,,1 kicker kx2500.1 old school

,,,,,,,,,,1 kx850.4

,,,,,,,,,,1 kx600.4

do you think i should sell everything and get 2 2ohm dvc subs or make it work with what i have
i have 2 dvc kicker 15" l5s 4ohms new old stock in the box they say 2 ohms but meter says 4ohms 1500 peak each

,,,,,,,,, 2 dvc kicker 15" l7's 4ohms 2000w peak

,,,,,,,,,,2 12" dvc 2ohms kicker r's in the boxes 1000w peak

,,,,,,,,,,2 kicker vr's dvc 4ohms 800w peak old school

,,,,,,,,,,2 solobarics 12" 4ohms 800w peak old school

,,,,,,,,,,1 kicker dxa1500.1

,,,,,,,,,,1 kicker cx1200.1

,,,,,,,,,,1 kicker kx2500.1 old school

,,,,,,,,,,1 kx850.4

,,,,,,,,,,1 kx600.4
no just sell one L7 15 and build a proper box for the other and just run one, You will be surprised at the massive difference. A 6000$ sub in a sh*t box will be beaten out by a 20 dollar flea market sub in an amazing box easily.

You NEVER look at peak watts always RMS.

Sell everything else besides the 2500.1 and kx850.4 and get yourself a proper box built would be the main goal here. If you disregard the box, all hopes of getting loud will go down the drain no matter what subs you buy.

ok so i get new sub/subs 12" re or ssx 15" or one 18" and keep the kx850.4 for mids and highs

like 40 l x 40w x 22h should the subs face front top or back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.