Subwoofer system for 2007 chevy silverado ~PLEASE HELP~

Participant count
  • Participants list

lgnbarnard
10+ year member

Texas
I'm new to the whole speaker system thing and I just needed some recommendations to get the most bang for my buck. I have a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab, I was having a lot of trouble finding a box that fits in my truck and is big enough for good subs. I don't have anything other than tools and $550. I need help please, I want either 1 or 2 subs (whatever works best), I need an amp, I need a box, and I need all of the wires and cables. And I need it to fit in my truck and all be under $550. I'm really confused on what to get and where to look. Can somebody please help me out?

Thanks so much

-Logan

P.S. I found out polyester fiber stuffing may help the box having to be too small

Are you looking to put woofers under the seat?
yes, under the seat

And

Thunderform Series C15C | Chevrolet - Silverado 1500/2500 Crew Cab 2007-2011 | MTX Audio
can be found online amplified for $550 and unamplified/unloaded for $250-300
Im new to the whole subwoofer thing obviously, but how do i tell if this product is good. There aren't any product reviews anywhere and I can't tell how good it will sound.

Thanks,

Logan

underseat placements are so-so. prone to phase interference.

MTX is decent. you can certainly upgrade the woofer and amplifier and just use the enclosure. but your budget is pretty small for what you want to do since the enclosure will eat up half of your budget. with wiring you're only left to a couple hundred bucks for a sub and amp.

this is about as good as you'll get for $550. you can use different brands in the same price point and get similar performance. consider it a stepping stone - none of us ever buy audio once, we always upgrade. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Okay thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Will I need anything else to go with the amplified sub? Like do I need to buy any extra wires or cables or anything else?

Also I'm still looking for any other possible ideas, I'm most likely going to purchase the MTX audio amplified and enclosed sub tho.

Under the seat box don't really sound good to me (personal opinion) lol pioneer have these thin subs which sound pretty good you can google them type in thin pioneer subs if you on a budget like that then here is my recommendations . Don't go to a audio store buy the stuff your self for what you doing this is what i came up with you can get this stuff at walmart wiring kit $40 pioneer mono block amp $125 pretty decent starter amp and stereo amp $80you got $245 left to find a box so i did this for a friend that was on a budget only cost him $23 dollars for wood and i made the box for free but it wasn't under the seat so think about if you have to have it under the seat . Hope this helped ..

Under the seat box don't really sound good to me (personal opinion) lol pioneer have these thin subs which sound pretty good you can google them type in thin pioneer subs if you on a budget like that then here is my recommendations . Don't go to a audio store buy the stuff your self for what you doing this is what i came up with you can get this stuff at walmart wiring kit $40 pioneer mono block amp $125 pretty decent starter amp and stereo amp $80you got $245 left to find a box so i did this for a friend that was on a budget only cost him $23 dollars for wood and i made the box for free but it wasn't under the seat so think about if you have to have it under the seat . Hope this helped ..
Okay, this is for a truck. If it's not under the seat where else could it fit?

besides the MTX amplified enclosure you'll need an amplifier installation kit. for just that sub/amp, 8 awg is sufficient. 4 awg is enough for future expansion.

the premade MTX product will outperfom any Walmart products.

going to a local MTX dealer is recommended. you'll get service and you won't have to pay for shipping (or return shipping if there is a problem). you also get a warranty.

UDon't go to a audio store buy the stuff your self for what you doing this is what i came up with you can get this stuff at walmart
Don't tell people to stay away from local independent audio stores. They are the backbone of the car audio industry and who we should be supporting. You get product support, product knowledge, and install help. You can recommend someone avoid a specific local shop which you have had a bad experience with, but to make a blanket statement that people should shop at Walmart instead of car audio shops is ban worthy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

8 gauge is fine if you arent going to be powering a huge system. but 4 gauge would be better.

and under the seats is your only real option on that budget and if you dont want to lose a spot in the backseats.

but i had a friend that didnt want his subs under the seat and just put a box in the middle and was also used as the arm rest. didnt look good but sounded better than under the seat.

i like down firing subs in trucks the best - downfiring under the rear seats. i've built center console sub enclosures and down was better than firing back. firing up under your seat will be adequate for you. the other passengers will lose most of the experience. bass shakers deliver a similar sensation for each passenger for much less cost and complexity. i've ran bass shakers before and they're pretty neat - even when you have subs. gives you the sensation your subs have quick and accurate response.

subs under seats firing up are similar to shakers but you do get that additional audible bass to complement the front speakers.

8awg is fine for what you're looking at. if you want to add another amp later on, you'll upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.