Subwoofer issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cataldo04

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am using a line out convertor in my 2009 grand Cherokee and it worked perfectly for around two weeks and then suddenly stopped I have the amp hooked up to an eight inch kicker slim sub in a kicker wedge box I hooked the power and control up to a switch because for some reason the amp would not power off but this worked fine for the duration of time. Recently the Sub stopped working and would only work for a second when it was switched on, it then works again about 5 minutes later but sounds terrible and echoey. I have tried rewiring the LOC and also attempted to check the subwoofer with a multimeter and it measured at 4.1-4.2 but never settled at a single number. Does this sound like a blown sub or possibly a different problem and does anyone know a solution here?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

too much volts going through the speakers. Factory speakers. So the second AMP will only work with the sub. Not properly installed. Boss...
@1aespinoza I see, so this audio volume leveling is what I was experiencing tapping into the Bose sub wires. Well then, I'm off to check out the...
dragon.breath, Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have...
To do this magic, should the microphone always be kept in the driver's seat or on the dashboard?...since that is where it must go in phase with...
LOL. Ya man. Its been busy. Im off today, but got stuff to do around the Casa.Be a Great sub man, and very nice amplifier. If you can swing a few...

About this thread

Cataldo04

CarAudio.com Newbie
Cataldo04
West Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from