Line out converter problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jakezacb

CarAudio.com Newbie
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this question.

So back in roughly july of last year i installed a LC2i line out converter in my 2021 kia soul. Ran a 12 volt constant from a 12 volt fuse in the fuse box. Grounded it and remote out from the LC2i to my amp. I tapped into both rear seat speakers of my car and it worked allllll the way until litterally january of this year. Music just stopped going through the LC2i. Ive checked all fuses. Ive checked all wire connections eveything is perfect. The LOC powers up and powers the amp just fine.

I thought maybe the LOC i had just took a poop. Bought a new one. Nothing same issue. I had seen a post on a separate forum website say the original model might need a resistor on each line to add a load. Theres a "LC2i PRO" model with a switch to add resistance load to it...purchased installed....and still nothing. I am at a complete loss as to what is wrong and its really frustrating. Please help!!!!

Have you checked the amp. Disconnect the RCAs to the amp at the LC2i, turn on the amp and touch the center contact in the RCAs. Does it make a noise in the subs?
The problem is, its not even getting through to the amp to be the problem. The LC2I gto feature detects the speaker wire is transmitting some sort of signal. But theres no music reading. The unit powers on but doesnt see the music coming through to even send anything to the amp. Theres a yellow "maximized" light that would show when the LC2I was properly tuned. That light would blink as bass signals would peak pretuning. I have nothing coming on from there anymore. But the unit IS powered and everything is wired right

But the unit IS powered and everything is wired right
Best to be 100% that the amp is not the issue, even though the LOC is not reading as it was. The subs must be tested as well. If those two are good, then the issue will be the LOC or the signal going to it. You already adjusted the resistance setting?

Best to be 100% that the amp is not the issue, even though the LOC is not reading as it was. The subs must be tested as well. If those two are good, then the issue will be the LOC or the signal going to it. You already adjusted the resistance setting?
Yes ive tried every different setting on the sliders for both resistance and oh it turns on and grounds. Nothing is going through the LOC.

Yes ive tried every different setting on the sliders for both resistance and oh it turns on and grounds. Nothing is going through the LOC.
Let us try this, connect your phone to the amp via 3.5mm to RCA cable. Since the speakers you spliced from are working, we will assume the issue is in the new LOC or the RCAs going out of it.

Let us try this, connect your phone to the amp via 3.5mm to RCA cable. Since the speakers you spliced from are working, we will assume the issue is in the new LOC or the RCAs going out of it.
My amp does not have an aux input on it, neither does the LOC. but you did give me an idea. I could possibly buy a cheap lil aux cord and modify it with some speaker wire and connect it that way right? To test atleast

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130-123853.png
    Screenshot_20230130-123853.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 10
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this question.

So back in roughly july of last year i installed a LC2i line out converter in my 2021 kia soul. Ran a 12 volt constant from a 12 volt fuse in the fuse box. Grounded it and remote out from the LC2i to my amp. I tapped into both rear seat speakers of my car and it worked allllll the way until litterally january of this year. Music just stopped going through the LC2i. Ive checked all fuses. Ive checked all wire connections eveything is perfect. The LOC powers up and powers the amp just fine.

I thought maybe the LOC i had just took a poop. Bought a new one. Nothing same issue. I had seen a post on a separate forum website say the original model might need a resistor on each line to add a load. Theres a "LC2i PRO" model with a switch to add resistance load to it...purchased installed....and still nothing. I am at a complete loss as to what is wrong and its really frustrating. Please help!!!!

How did you tap your existing wires? I don’t trust Posi-Taps or anything similar for the long haul. If you used them, try removing them and remove a bit of the insulation (enough to stick a pick in between the wires to pry them apart enough to slide your new wire through). Then twist the new wire around the factory wire. Tape it tightly with Super 33+. Finally zip tie the tape and 1” from the connection for stress relief.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...