subs in the trunk?

well, they could be out of phase at the subwoofer terminals, i doubt it but i need some more opinions on the video i posted as well. I will definitely check that out.

i take that back, i know what an out of phase subwoofer sounds like and they can't be out of phase. It's almost like they aren't getting much wattage, maybe only like 300 or so out of the amp, but then again i am getting decent dimming so it makes sense that it is getting full power from the amp. What electrically could cause the amp to only produce 1/3 of it's rated power? What about the ground, can it be responsible for limiting the amps power if it is not connected to the battery well or something?

just go ported with those type r's man..i mean well if you dont sell them...i heard type r's in ported they get louder than sealed...plus you could actually add a lil bit more of power with the corect specs et..well for me sealed doesnt get loud..so i always go with ported..but you should try your type r's in a diffrent way,box..and see whats up...

just go ported with those type r's man..i mean well if you dont sell them...i heard type r's in ported they get louder than sealed...plus you could actually add a lil bit more of power with the corect specs et..well for me sealed doesnt get loud..so i always go with ported..but you should try your type r's in a diffrent way,box..and see whats up...

x2; really. When I first got my r's I put them in a 1ft^3 per sub sealed box while I worked on building a ported box. When I finally got them in a ported box they were alot louder by far. My ported box isn't even that much bigger then the sealed one was; it's only 1.4 per sub.

The only difference I ever noticed when I turned my ported box around to fire into the cab was the ability to hear distortion or clipping alot easier; It made no difference at all in sq or loudness that I could tell. Atleast that's how it was with my car.

One of the guys on another forum was extremely disappointed when he went through the trouble of turning his 15" RE SE around in his Civic. With the sealed off, direct cabin fire method, he managed to keep his trunk from sounding like King Kong was in there BUT he lost over 3 DeeBeez with the same setup:eek:

wowzers.

Why do subs sound so much louder in the trunk than firing into the cabin. Is it because the trunk acts as an enclosure or what?
not true, this is just in your case this is happening, because, obviously, you are not sure of what you're doing.

every car is different. search cabin gain / transfer function / cancellation.

it sounds like a 300 rms substage, no joke
I am wondering if it is my amp, or my box size. Bottom line is that it doesn't get loud at all at 55% gain.
nothing is wrong with a 300wrms sub setup. how the hell would you know how much 300w sounds like? too many other factors: the driver, its sensitivity, box, cabin gain, cancellation.. etc.

i take that back, i know what an out of phase subwoofer sounds like and they can't be out of phase. It's almost like they aren't getting much wattage, maybe only like 300 or so out of the amp, but then again i am getting decent dimming so it makes sense that it is getting full power from the amp. What electrically could cause the amp to only produce 1/3 of it's rated power? What about the ground, can it be responsible for limiting the amps power if it is not connected to the battery well or something?
I highly doubt you do. if YOU said somethings sounds "good," i wouldn't believe it.

subs can be out of phase with each other (when running multiples) or they can be out of phase with the rest of the system.. but for a lot of the lame-o's here, they sub setup is their whole system.

wowzers.

not true, this is just in your case this is happening, because, obviously, you are not sure of what you're doing.

every car is different. search cabin gain / transfer function / cancellation.

nothing is wrong with a 300wrms sub setup. how the hell would you know how much 300w sounds like? too many other factors: the driver, its sensitivity, box, cabin gain, cancellation.. etc.

I highly doubt you do. if YOU said somethings sounds "good," i wouldn't believe it.

subs can be out of phase with each other (when running multiples) or they can be out of phase with the rest of the system.. but for a lot of the lame-o's here, they sub setup is their whole system.
i know plenty of people who own 300 rms setups and i made sure i set there gain correctly and i am telling you, my type r's should get way louder than this. Even sealed off from the trunk. I know someone who gives two 10' boston subs that are 150 rms each 300-400 rms in a sealed box and they are a little louder than mine. Please understand that i know what "good" sounds like. My system sounds very good, the subs just aren't that loud unless i crank the grain way up which is messed up.

Subs out of phase have or appear to have half the bass output. Unhook one lead and see if the other speaker gets louder.

Also am I getting this right that you have a sealed box facing forward? Definatly wouldnt recommend that. Ported forward and sealed to the cabin yes.

Remember louder to the ear and on the meter are two different things.

i know plenty of people who own 300 rms setups and i made sure i set there gain correctly and i am telling you, my type r's should get way louder than this. Even sealed off from the trunk. I know someone who gives two 10' boston subs that are 150 rms each 300-400 rms in a sealed box and they are a little louder than mine. Please understand that i know what "good" sounds like. My system sounds very good, the subs just aren't that loud unless i crank the grain way up which is messed up.
to my understanding, you don't know ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.