Sub wired to rear speaker question

Participant count
  • Participant list

philmb

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all.

I recently bought this head unit:

I have wired a sub to the rear left speaker as per instruction manual and disconnected the Right rear speaker to.

I have hard wired the sub to the harness so cant just turn the sub on and off.

I want to turn it off as 90% of what i listen to is podcasts and dont want the bass when listening. So i just wired a switch on the the cable.

OK, so when loud and music is playing it seems to sound ok, but there is not much sound going to the front speakers. When i turn off the sub there is barely any sound and when a call comes through on my phone its also very quiet.

Not sure why?

Also i have the head unit on network mode, when i put it to standard the sub is no way near as noticeable.

Any ideas or what i am doing wrong - First time adding a sub.

I know having an amp would be better but as i dont listen to a lot of music im not really that fussed and the stereo seems to power the sub fine, its just now my front speakers dont seem to be outputting much..

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.