Sub Levels Volume Range

Participant count
  • Participant list

Teuneman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys and gals, hope you are having a awesome day!

I have a simple setup:

JVC head unit with low level RCA's for a sub. Pioneer Coaxials in the front
Pioneer 6x9's in the back
Pioneer 12" DVC Champion Series Pro sub
Class D Monoblock to drive the sub.

I fall squarely in the "very amateur diy" enthusiast category and need some help with tuning my setup.

When I do tuning, I struggle between good bass quality throughout the volume range. Bass quality may be good at high volumes, but at lower volumes, its "droney". Tune it for good bass quality at lower volumes, then the high volume bass just doesnt seem right.

Any suggestions on tuning my equipment so the bass levels are proportionate to the main volume?

Thank you for reading!

Have a great day!

Okay, couple of suggestions

With this being a sealed enclosure. Play with the position of the enclosure. Sub firing back, sub firing forward, and to each side.

If you don't have one, get a bass knob. That way you can raise and lower your sub output as needed.

Get an handheld oscope. They range from $35 USD to $200USD. That way you can set it and forget it.

Other things to keep in mind is the music your listening to. Some recording can be better quality and louder than others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...