Sub half as loud in cold weather?

car batterys **** ass in the cold weather.

thats why they come with 2 ratings.

one of them is cca = cold cranking amps - wich are much less than the other one.

I believe that in cases of extreme cold - the battery has a harder time due to

slower re charge rate - and its psyical ability to give off power as fast as the amp wants it.

even if it rates 14v on a meter - it probly is not giving off as much amps as it would in 70deg outside weather.

in south FL where I live now - car batterys tend to die after 3 years due to low fluid levels in them as the hot as heck weather 24/7 down here evaporates them and exposes the plates.

- on a side note -

try hooking up a ok sized wire from negative battery terminal and running it all the way back to the negative on your amp. - this would test your ground circut in the cold weather, as it could be possible that its not as good as one would hope. - and at least rule it out as a possible cause of low output during cold weather.

i have good batteries and electrical. have noticed it seems a little bit quieter int he winter.

something i noticed is when its around freezing though, my batteries will show as high as 15.2v until the truck warms up.

I think mine is louder in colder weather. This morning on my way to work I hit my loudest by a decibel according to my epic-160. 152.

something i noticed is when its around freezing though, my batteries will show as high as 15.2v until the truck warms up

i thinks thats becuase your motor revs higher when its cold to warm up, i have a cold air intake on my car and this howls like a mofo when its cold outside, 2min later shes back to normal ready to rock

i tryed to take a piss last night and it was 27 degrees, when i whipped it out i didn't have to piss anymore, instead it just shriveled up and told me to go back in the garage where it was a bit warmer.

i tryed to take a piss last night and it was 27 degrees, when i whipped it out i didn't have to piss anymore, instead it just shriveled up and told me to go back in the garage where it was a bit warmer.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ban.gif.ce8465566702ef9f72e97e794ed1c86a.gif

something i noticed is when its around freezing though, my batteries will show as high as 15.2v until the truck warms up

i thinks thats becuase your motor revs higher when its cold to warm up, i have a cold air intake on my car and this howls like a mofo when its cold outside, 2min later shes back to normal ready to rock
na, the rpm stays about the same. doesnt charge past 14.6 or so when its warmed up even if i rev the even and hold it there.

na, the rpm stays about the same. doesnt charge past 14.6 or so when its warmed up even if i rev the even and hold it there.
Maybe the alt is kicking out more to charge batteries that went down from sitting in the cold?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.