Treo cxt vs DD Z1

I am currently swapping out my Treo SSXs out for CXT. CXT are sick, they are certainly the most insane daily sub. They will take over 30,000 rms for bass race or street beat applications. They also sound amazing. To help give you an idea if you are truely interested in CXTs you have to put 50% down before they start building them. They are not an off the shelf parts they are completely hand made here in America and take 2 to 3 weeks to build a pair. I am not saying DD is off the shelf but I doubt they actually machine out there own magnets, pole pieces and etc. I am going to start cutting my box next weekend. 1.25 mdf with steel framing and triple layered baffle if that gives you any idea and this is for street use. I will be running 13,000 to 16000 rms to a pair of the 15s for my daily ride, and for shows and weekend comps I will be running 4 times that power to them. Just wait to see this build. No you stated you may not have the money to run either of those then wait for Sundown's new sub, it will be a monster also.

Also I never stated the DD Z series really is not a daily use sub, that is for high frequency tuning competition use. Where the CXT is the utlimate in SQL, that can also be burped with a terrible amount of power. So they truely are 2 different animals, basically if you actually want to "use" them and listen to music on then forget the Z series DD.

get the DD Z1a its a much better amp by far about 1.5 dbs stronger than a Z1 both are very efficient for the power they produce...but you'll get about 12-1500 more watts from the Z1a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

get the DD Z1a its a much better amp by far about 1.5 dbs stronger than a Z1 both are very efficient for the power they produce...but you'll get about 12-1500 more watts from the Z1a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Very true but I believe he is talking about the subs.

2-3 weeks to to build a pair at Treo? My friend bought a sub at an authorized dealer here and needed a recone for it and the shop sent it in. He has been waiting on it for about 6 weeks now. They are great subs and handle a **** ton but service is lacking.

I am currently swapping out my Treo SSXs out for CXT. CXT are sick, they are certainly the most insane daily sub. They will take over 30,000 rms for bass race or street beat applications. They also sound amazing. To help give you an idea if you are truely interested in CXTs you have to put 50% down before they start building them. They are not an off the shelf parts they are completely hand made here in America and take 2 to 3 weeks to build a pair. I am not saying DD is off the shelf but I doubt they actually machine out there own magnets, pole pieces and etc. I am going to start cutting my box next weekend. 1.25 mdf with steel framing and triple layered baffle if that gives you any idea and this is for street use. I will be running 13,000 to 16000 rms to a pair of the 15s for my daily ride, and for shows and weekend comps I will be running 4 times that power to them. Just wait to see this build. No you stated you may not have the money to run either of those then wait for Sundown's new sub, it will be a monster also.
You really are wrong, but ill let you go ahead and live in dream world:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.