Sub half as loud in cold weather?

Well i believe its CONFIRMED that its my amp, just did a 50hz test and in summer the amp output 45 volts = 506 some watts, today using exact same setup it outputs 37 volts which is about 342 watts and this is under the ideal 0 db bass, during regular play im not getting more than 170 watts. before i would average 380 - 448 506 on one line in the song Put on by jeezy.
That with the sub disconnected or connected?

Just curious. I'm still not ruling out the sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Observer error, mostly. There is no way dropping from 500 watts to 350 watts would sound anything like an 8db loss. In reality the loss would be between 1 and 2 db. Unless the change happened over night, you wouldn't even necessarily notice such a small loss.

I haven't read anything since page 1. But just because your amplifier measures different output in cold weather does NOT confirm the amp is the problem. That loss in output could/would more likely be caused by an insufficient charging system.

Sounds like a battery issue to me. A lot of batteries are for **** in cold temps. My system isn't as loud either until the car warms up and then I am good to go.........and this has been many, many different systems in cold weather through out my car audio years.

If your having dimming issues on that amp, then you need a battery. I would check your one under the hood first and if fine, then hit up a secondary battery. Maybe like a Kinetik 600 would help.

Observer error, mostly. There is no way dropping from 500 watts to 350 watts would sound anything like an 8db loss. In reality the loss would be between 1 and 2 db. Unless the change happened over night, you wouldn't even necessarily notice such a small loss.
I haven't read anything since page 1. But just because your amplifier measures different output in cold weather does NOT confirm the amp is the problem. That loss in output could/would more likely be caused by an insufficient charging system.

ahh, the difference between 300w and 500w is VERY noticeable to me. Thats the difference between feeling the bass hard in my chest and just having my seat and mirror vibrate a bit.

Also my charging system is up to standard, 130 amp alternator the big 3 mod at 2/0 gauge and 14.4 volts at the battery...

When i say its half as loud i mean ITS HALF as loud

like from 142db down to 120db.

ahh, the difference between 300w and 500w is VERY noticeable to me. Thats the difference between feeling the bass hard in my chest and just having my seat and mirror vibrate a bit.
Also my charging system is up to standard, 130 amp alternator the big 3 mod at 2/0 gauge and 14.4 volts at the battery...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

going from 142 to 120 is wayyyy more than half as loud, thats like 10x difference

Im telling you, thats what its like. Its like going from a 12" at 500w to a 10" at 175w..

its almost as if i have the gain turned down on the amp. My max volume now sounds like 5 volume notches down from before.

And as I said before, you wont come anywhere near losing the output you describe going from 500 watts to 350. Lets put some perspective on this. If you were to cut your power in half, from 500 watts to 250, you would theoretically lose 3db. In reality, slightly less than 3db due to power compression.
So how do you propose dropping less than half your power will drop your output by 20db?

Only 1 of 2 possibilities here. Its only dropped 2-3 db's, and you dont understand the power to output scale, so that fairly noticeable drop in output is it dropping 'in half' by your inexperienced description. Or, something else is wrong.

Yes my scale was way off and exaggerated, but a 3db drop is half as loud as before so thats why im hearing half of my bass :|

I think a hc600 might help me.

...but a 3db drop is half as loud as before so thats why im hearing half of my bass...
Since when did a 3db decrease become half as loud? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif And with the power figures you gave, you didn't even lose 3db.

Hey, im just about to pick up a Kinetik hc600 for 60.00 you guys think thats a good deal, was used for two weeks volt tested by me at 12.4 volts.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
going from 142 to 120 is wayyyy more than half as loud, thats like 10x difference
my system does a 142....ur situation would be nothing like if mine went to 120db:laugh:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.