sub distortion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Matador
10+ year member

-= StillBumping =-
Ca
hey sup guys, i have a question that hopefully someone can help me

when u set the gain n stuff, u increase the gain until u hear distortion from the sub, n then lower it up a little bit. but, what's really distortion? u hear distortion from teh cones of the sub, or from the music of the subs? how can i really distinguish it.

lastly, is there like a device to measure or find distortion? dunno, like a radioshack distortion detector like i guess. thanks

Originally posted by Jmac Just set it to whatever sounds best to you (Provided you're not overpowering the sub(s) by a large margin). If you are overpowering your subs, you have to watch out for overexcursion, bottoming out, and any other signs of stress.

Oh, and you can buy an oscilloscope to show you the waveform of the music you're listening to. I've never used one myself and I don't know where to buy them or how much they cost, but I think you're supposed to use a sine wave when testing.
nah, i m not owerpowerin sub much, ~300rms into prob a 200-250rms i believe.

what u mean by overexcursion, bottomin out, n other signs?

overexcursion like the cones of teh sub come out too much? or no clue, enlighten me.

use the oscilloscope to check the output comin from the amp right?

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.