Sub cutout

Participant count
  • Participant list
Why not add a second baffle? Those L7 like more airspace than a typical 10" sub anyways so anything extra is a move in the right direction.
Personally I'd just build another enclosure, I totally enjoyed the last L7 10 I had. Idc how much hate the brand generates I picked mine up for $25 supposedly "blown".
The cone had separated between the front and rear and some epoxy fixed it right up. It was still banging away when I gifted it to my son about 7yr ago.
ft9zAl8.jpg

Why not add a second baffle? Those L7 like more airspace than a typical 10" sub anyways so anything extra is a move in the right direction.
Personally I'd just build another enclosure, I totally enjoyed the last L7 10 I had. Idc how much hate the brand generates I picked mine up for $25 supposedly "blown".
The cone had separated between the front and rear and some epoxy fixed it right up. It was still banging away when I gifted it to my son about 7yr ago.
ft9zAl8.jpg
I got a L7 8” q class. What size enclosure would you recommend?

Problem with putting another baffle is this enclosure fits behind the seat of a crewcab Tacoma.
ft9zAl8.jpg

This enclosure is made to fit behind the seat of a crew cab Tacoma. So no room to add another baffle

I got a L7 8” q class. What size enclosure would you recommend?
Depends on your vehicle, goals and expectations honestly. They are able to go into sealed or ported.
.6ft3 sealed, .75ft3 ported... also the 4th I just modeled up looks pretty good output-wise w/o having tons of delay or peakiness.
I suppose it just depends.

Depends on your vehicle, goals and expectations honestly. They are able to go into sealed or ported.
.6ft3 sealed, .75ft3 ported... also the 4th I just modeled up looks pretty good output-wise w/o having tons of delay or peakiness.
I suppose it just depends.
Gotcha. I bought it on impulse and had planned on putting it in my single cab truck making a center console but I could never come up with a plan for it. Would a 4th be too big of a box for a center console between seats?

Gotcha. I bought it on impulse and had planned on putting it in my single cab truck making a center console but I could never come up with a plan for it. Would a 4th be too big of a box for a center console between seats?
I'd see if you have about 2ft3 overall available and enough width (11"). If you're close it's probably doable.

I'd see if you have about 2ft3 overall available and enough width (11"). If you're close it's probably doable.
I have 17.5” between the seats, as much as 32” from rear of cab to from dash, and height could be maybe 11-12”. That height would give me enough room to incorporate cup holders,etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...