Sub comparo...havent seen anyone compare the two...

yeah i get what u mean more than most but u can't compare that 1kd to that pioneer amp though lol.. if the lcs will work sealed i haven't seen specs yet that maybe good enough power for that..
Bro I had a 580watt dual amp that I can't kill. Even sat out in the rain. I got a olddd video somewhere

Bro I had a 580watt dual amp that I can't kill. Even sat out in the rain. I got a olddd video somewhere
lol my autotek 1600 did ok on my sub ported but in a sealed box idk if it woulda done much, it did ok just ran hot @2ohm.. still got it in box used like 3 months 40miles a week but not worth selling and shipping to anyone..

lol you said in the vid 850 watt amp but the amp says 580 watt. Did you even catch that?!
Did u even read the description of the video. It covers that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Pioneer is beast. Love my pioneer spl3000 12s and loves my IMPP pioneer woofers
no one believes pioneers can be loud cause they make so many they cheaper than any other company could sell them., they only make 12d4 in my model so they make huge amounts of same sub no 10's or 15's so they save like $25 per sub or whatever..

found this yesterday $129 it takes small sealed box has 3" coil 5mm more excursion than the el (not really important in ported box but maybe in sealed) https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46485_NVX-XQW122-Newest-Version.html?utm_source=ebayenterprise&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=43737
I just bought and installed 2 of these the dual 4 ohm versions in nvx boxes built for the sub at approximately 1.5 cu. ft. each tuned to 34 Hz. I'm running somewhere in between 700-800 rms. They sound amazing. They are just as loud as my dual 12" kicker L5's in a ported box from 6 years ago but I don't "feel" it as much which is fine. They sound a hell of a lot better and balance out my 130ish watt rms front components and 100 watt rms rears.

At 2 for $199 (I got my pair for 169.99 on sale) I don't think they can be beat. Benefits are of course good performance in smaller enclosures.

I just bought and installed 2 of these the dual 4 ohm versions in nvx boxes built for the sub at approximately 1.5 cu. ft. each tuned to 34 Hz. I'm running somewhere in between 700-800 rms. They sound amazing. They are just as loud as my dual 12" kicker L5's in a ported box from 6 years ago but I don't "feel" it as much which is fine. They sound a hell of a lot better and balance out my 130ish watt rms front components and 100 watt rms rears.
At 2 for $199 (I got my pair for 169.99 on sale) I don't think they can be beat. Benefits are of course good performance in smaller enclosures.
yeah with 3" coil if it just had higher watt rating i may get it but $129 for watt rating of a 2" coil seems silly, idk if it's motor /spider or cone can't handle more power..

Yeah. I don't know what the deal is with the deal is with the power rating. They seem pretty stout. I can't personally vouch but I've seen on youtube and a review on sonicelectronix that a guy was giving them 500-600 each and they were taking it. Looking at how stout they are, I don't think it's impossible. They may very well have underrated them. But I've got a 160 Amp alternator and am already running almost 500 watts rms for my mids and highs so 800 watts for subs was about as far as I felt comfortable with without having to upgrade my alternator for an extra $400.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.