Anyone used the sundown sa-6.5?

Noticed sundown put out a new little SA series 6.5" subwoofer

I can't find it on their site just wondering if anyone knew the recommended port tuning for them.

Thinking about buying a set to play around with.

Always wanted the x-6.5 but they were a little pricy imo.

If ya have or had some id like to hear your input on them.

I have a sundown sa 6.5 in my wife's Chevy cruze and it's perfect for it! It's a great sub for a small trunk if you want Ported. Sundown recommends 32hz tuning if I remember correctly, that's what I am tuned at anyway and it sounds great. Mine is in .4 ft @ 32hz and it gets down. It absolutely comes alive on low notes in the 30-40hz range and it doesn't overwhelm the stock system of the car. It blends in nice with the base cruze stereo for sure.

I really wanted to try the 6.5 out and I don't regret it. If I were doing a system for someone else I may stick with the e8 because I can pick them up for 70-80 dollars and they have a little more power handling capabilities and added cone area without requiring much more airspace.

I'm definitely not afraid to use the 6.5 tho, I'm very impressed by this driver and it's mounting depth is an awesome 3.5 or something like that. I would definitely do 6.5's before resorting to shallow mount subs when output is the goal.

YouTube Mr6.5 or Instagram or whatever. He's got 20 of them on a Ns1 just hammering
Nope. Not a ns1. Theyre on 2 Rockford 2500bdcp's. Ronnie Smith is his name. Buddy of mine and he's local to me. He did that build specifically for the Sundown Show and said he's pulling it back out after that show.

Nope. Not a ns1. Theyre on 2 Rockford 2500bdcp's. Ronnie Smith is his name. Buddy of mine and he's local to me. He did that build specifically for the Sundown Show and said he's pulling it back out after that show.
That's true, it is RF power. Bro I can't wait to see what he is doing with his triple threat sniper. I see those 3 big azz ports and get a boner lol

That's true, it is RF power. Bro I can't wait to see what he is doing with his triple threat sniper. I see those 3 big azz ports and get a boner lol
I'm sure he'll get the number he's looking for with it.

And he'll probably get it with the double barrel when the Rev 3's come out.

I have a sundown sa 6.5 in my wife's Chevy cruze and it's perfect for it! It's a great sub for a small trunk if you want Ported. Sundown recommends 32hz tuning if I remember correctly, that's what I am tuned at anyway and it sounds great. Mine is in .4 ft @ 32hz and it gets down. It absolutely comes alive on low notes in the 30-40hz range and it doesn't overwhelm the stock system of the car. It blends in nice with the base cruze stereo for sure.
I really wanted to try the 6.5 out and I don't regret it. If I were doing a system for someone else I may stick with the e8 because I can pick them up for 70-80 dollars and they have a little more power handling capabilities and added cone area without requiring much more airspace.

I'm definitely not afraid to use the 6.5 tho, I'm very impressed by this driver and it's mounting depth is an awesome 3.5 or something like that. I would definitely do 6.5's before resorting to shallow mount subs when output is the goal.
Awesome, exactly what I wanted to read.

I got a yard sale Sa6.5 and I love it. I used the specs for the x6.5 that are on sundowns site for my box. Sounds good and handles way more power than a sub this size should lol
Alright, I'll use those specs for my guidelines as well.

Good to hear you liked it as well.

Appreciate everyones input.

I'll check out the video here in a bit.

I'm gonna insall them under the rear seat of a 2008 extended cab sierra.

I have a single 10 right now that has decent output but there's just not enough room to build an enclosure to properly setup a ported 10.

Looking for something smaller that doesn't need as much air space.

Appreciate everyones input.I'll check out the video here in a bit.

I'm gonna insall them under the rear seat of a 2008 extended cab sierra.

I have a single 10 right now that has decent output but there's just not enough room to build an enclosure to properly setup a ported 10.

Looking for something smaller that doesn't need as much air space.
How many you plan on wanting? 2? 4? Or something like this....

I'll be going with two of them down firing not sure about port placement I'll have to mock up the enclosure to see where it will fit.

Alot of people have issues with this paticular vehicle bc there isn't any room to work with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.