HIFONICS HFX12D4, Need some info, schooled

Participant count
  • Participant list

bunnerrabbit
10+ year member

Have this sub in a box in the rear of a 95 odyssey. I have little experience with subs and what to expect from them. I have it in a 1.2 cubic feet ported box. I screwed the port up big time, and need to have a better idea on port sizes. I listen to country, pop, R&B, and rock. I am not real concerned if I am missing out on lower bass frequencies but want it set up correctly. Can I get up to 100 hz cleanly with this sub? Does not seem like I can.

What are some suggestions on porting? If I swapped out the hifonics with a JBL CS Series CS1214, or RE Audio REX 12 would you notice a difference in SQ or is a cheap sub a cheap sub?

I am trying to learn a little more messing around in a cheap beater vehicle. I do also understand above subs vary by OHM, SVC and DVC.

Have this sub in a box in the rear of a 95 odyssey. I have little experience with subs and what to expect from them. I have it in a 1.2 cubic feet ported box. I screwed the port up big time, and need to have a better idea on port sizes. I listen to country, pop, R&B, and rock. I am not real concerned if I am missing out on lower bass frequencies but want it set up correctly. Can I get up to 100 hz cleanly with this sub? Does not seem like I can.
What are some suggestions on porting? If I swapped out the hifonics with a JBL CS Series CS1214, or RE Audio REX 12 would you notice a difference in SQ or is a cheap sub a cheap sub?

I am trying to learn a little more messing around in a cheap beater vehicle. I do also understand above subs vary by OHM, SVC and DVC.
get a 2x4 and plug up the port hole.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.