Sub choice 150 db

lilboom
10+ year member

Car stereo for fun
ca
System goals 3000+watts rms in the trunk 150 db or close to it

no more than 4+ cubes to work with

Ok im on a super budget and i have been on the major upgrade route since i joined here.well it's been fun but now it's time to build .

So this will be a daily ground pounding setup with a good chance of a few comps.(one very soon)

If i make it it will be my 1st comp and if all goes well i should have my 1st amp 1500-2000rms @ 1 ohm.

(autotek mean machine 4000.1 rated 1800+ rms@1ohm)x2 for 3krms

still have not decided on a sub

preferably 12s(its a trunk car and i want some space for now)

my choices thus far

aq hdc3 12

fi ssd 12

quantum audio spl 12 1500 rms

planet audio bigbang 1200rms

power acoustik mofo 1350 rms

can the hdc3 take 1800+rms daily ?

those are the cool choices(i would have to build a new enclosure)

the easy way(failsafe plan) 2 12's in my current box

i can go with 2 500wrms (hope the hold @ 1800 rms) subs and drop them into my current box and hope for the best while saving some cash.

and for max spl and fun. im thinking 2-4 12's(300-500rms each)subs in a half wall

(wont be daily setup,)

deadlines in a few weeks . hoping to start some progress by friday

bad aq&fi is pushing my budget

im only going to be running half of 3k wrms for a few weeks

150 on music? probably not gunna happen with 2 12's out of a trunk. With that power and space a beastly 15 (9515, BTL, Nightshade...) Would get you closer thou... I have an amp that will save you some space that will do 3400 if you interested...

u want to do 150 daily off 2 12's?.....and 1800 rms?

bro u better look into getting 2 15's if u even want to come close to that for daily or 2 12's off 2k each.....but no way u get even close to that with 4 subs off 300rms each for daily....

Not Going to happen 4 cubes is very limited space. And music is a lot harder than burps plus with some of your sub choices I dont think you have the knowledge to build a box good enough. Step to six cubes get a pair of 15 firing forward sealed to the cabin with inter changeable ports aeros. You still might not do 150 but thats the closest you will get.

if you want to be pushing 3krms+, you need to upgrade your battery and alternator. but in a budget, there is NEVER a cheaper way to upgrade your system's lifeline. never go cheap on your electrical system. just a food for thought of how much i spent on my car(lately)...02 nissan xterra alternator = $650, xs power d3400 = $260, xs power d3100 = $370, 1/0 wiring 2 20ft = $200.

System goals 3000+watts rms in the trunk 150 db or close to itno more than 4+ cubes to work with

Ok im on a super budget and i have been on the major upgrade route since i joined here.well it's been fun but now it's time to build .

So this will be a daily ground pounding setup with a good chance of a few comps.(one very soon)

If i make it it will be my 1st comp and if all goes well i should have my 1st amp 1500-2000rms @ 1 ohm.

my choices thus far

aq hdc3 12

fi ssd 12

planet audio bigbang 1200rms

power acoustik mofo 1350 rms

i can go with 2 500wrms (hope the hold @ 1800 rms) subs and drop them into my current box and hope for the best while saving some cash.

and for max spl and fun. im thinking 2-4 12's(300-500rms each)subs in a half wall

(wont be daily setup,)

my hdc3 takes 2400rms daily if that helps you any

2 hdc subs won't like that space much unless you plan to do an external port. Even then it would pretty much a burp box which is what you will need anyway.

System goals 3000+watts rms in the trunk 150 db or close to itno more than 4+ cubes to work with

my choices thus far

aq hdc3 12

fi ssd 12

planet audio bigbang 1200rms -

power acoustik mofo 1350 rms-

(wont be daily setup,)

yes... the hdc3 can take that much power... are you going to have a 150+ daily on music... HELL no. are you looking to be hitting 150+ everyday on music, or just have a daily groundpounder that can burp 150? big difference

i had two DD9512's in a trunk with 4k and 3 batteries and only hit 147 good look that was on a burp too

OP your best bet would be to either do a wall or build a box inside the trunk that blows into the cabin with the seats down or something.

i did 149 with 8 8's tuned to 52hz in 5 cubes in a trunk...that was on a HK4000D, i was happy with that...it would do 147.8 on music which was loud enough for me as it was louder than anything in trunk around at the time, i would squeeze 6 cubes in there at 45hz with 2 15's

150s out of a trunk are not that hard to accomplish, but the builder must be ready to take the steps required to do so. Not to mention building and rebuilding until he/she gets it right as it won't happen on the first build I'm sure(I'm rarely ever happy after the first build..can always get louder).

The box is the fun part..the funnest part.

I can do a wall 2marrow and have it ready by friday 6 12's.

but i don't want to go that way. ill do somthing like 2 15's 1 18' in 6-7 cubes in a half wall that can be taken out .Once i see what the comps all about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.