Needing help from a person located near Shreveport, La 71037!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I am in need of help from someone in my general area that has the tools and experience to cut a hole in a door (from the inside of course) the hole will be used to fit a second set of 6.5's in the front doors. Will need to cut thru the inside door panel and the thin sheet metal located behind it. I do not have the tools to do something like this and I know I don't have any kind of experience doing something of this nature. Sure I could probably do it but how bad will it look once I am done? Will the cut be a perfect circle?? I say no to both and this is my friend’s car and I do not want to start on something not knowing if I can even complete it. Price can be negotiated and I am willing to travel a little ways. Again, do not respond unless you are 100% sure you can do this. Because if you mess it up you will have to fix at your own cost.

Need help guys I got the money you got the skill lets get this done

Last edited by a moderator:
U sir have no reason to post in this thread. When did TN become close to LA??? Plz move on and stop dumping. Person will be paid for the work thus it better be good work or yes there will be an issue.

go to home depot buy a 6" hole saw and do it your self.done finished,yes its that easy
I had to cut a 7" hole in my panel to accomidate my mids. The cones were slamming into the panels thus the reason they were removed. Let me be truthful it looks like a dog chewed a 6.5-8'' hole in my door yea its not even a circle more like an oval LOL. This cut will be even more involved and I know I will destroy it. If not the panel then the sheet metal.

Crispin really GTFO ur post dumping is not cute nor are you good at it go raise your post count somewhere else plz.......

well you need to start with a 6 " hole because most 6.5 mids are a 6" cutout ,now if you need the hole bigger then use some tin snips accordinglly
That right there is my fear messing up the cut on the sheet metal (to big) now I have just screwed my friends car up 2010 jetta and I would be required to pay whatever it cost a professional to fix it. Not really trying to get myself into a situation like that much less with a friend. Shops want a couple hundred to do it when I know at most we are talking 30mins labor max and shop cost of a $2 saw blade. So I will find me a local member as he want try to bust my head and hey lets be real everybody needs money right now and I would much rather pay a member then a greedy shop.

then just do the 6" hole and use a spacer then
I do appreciate your confidence in me but this is not something I am willing to try and due at this time. Maybe if it was my car then ok but it’s not my car.

Just to be clear I am not asking for free help he is willing to pay for your service as long as your asking price is within reason

Ok let’s clear this up. You don’t live near me so why you are posting I have yet to understand. No where in my OG post does it say any physical harm will come to anyone. You just assumed that’s what it meant. What that statement refers to is if I pay you to do a job you screw it up you will have to fix it no matter the cost.

Example - I pay someone to redo my roof. I pay them they get started then inform me well sry but we kind of messed up but hey I was just helping you so alls good right????

That part of the post was to detour any (I think I can do it) people from responding. My post clearly says I need someone that knows they can do the job and that is what I want someone that knows they can do the job. If a mistake is made that’s fine as long as the person who made the mistake plans on fixing this issue using their own money. I know many people on this site personally and via this forum over the years and not one would say if asked that I am in any way a violent man. Ask Dave (louisianacrx) me and him had a issue with an install done bad and he is still alive and well. He did what I am wanting from the person who does my doors that’s correct the problem at no extra cost to me.

I need help but if you mess up it want end up well for you.

Saying it won't end up well does sound bad. I'm sure people want to help but won't because of the way you worded it. possibly reword it to say it's coming out of their pockets?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.