Sub casing damaged - still okay?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PuZo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I got my subs shipped to my new address, they are IDQ 12" and they got cracked a bit during shipping. One small pics came off. Pics are below.

Will it still be okay or should I use some sort of compound to fill in the cracks? Obviously the piece that got completely broken off I don't think I'll re-attach, but the rest. Should I fill it with something or it won't make a difference?

wklcg6.jpg

2r20x3m.jpg

30m028g.jpg

What the hell has happened to shipping lately? I don't know if it's gotten worse or more noticeable, but crap is getting ruined because the people shipping seem to try their best to break ****.

The basket is the structural integrity of the sub. If you use that one like it is, you'll more than likely not get much play time before coil rub... if any at all.

Did you file a damage claim?

I only insured it for $100 I think.

So I probably won't be able to find any place to get it fixed... can I still use them? Is it worth it to even put any type of sealant or anything like contact cement?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.