SoundQubed HDS series issues?

I was about to purchase 2 SQ HDS315s earlier today but I got very skeptical before I finalized the purchase. I know SQ is one of the best companies that will give you bang for your buck, but I have been noticing a lot of people saying that there have been issues with the HDS series of SQ. I wanted to know if anyone could elaborate on this topic.

I Dont have experience with the hds lines but I know my friend has the hds2's 12's he has them on a american bass ph4000 that I sold him last year. He runs it at .5 ohm and Hes had no problems with them. I read so much on their "problems" but I have yet to see someone with personal experience say they have issues. All I have seen is "I hear they have issues".

Not nuthigging. I wanna see someone come out with their personal experience.
wasn't directed at you, i was directing that at these "issues" people have been hearing about, some people stand others getting quality gear for that low of a price.

As for the issues that have happened, a lot of it was cosmetic and it was either already taken care of by their customer service department or those people complaining about it are just extremely OCD about anything and everything and dont realize shipping companies dont give a rats ass about their heavy sub.

the issues about oh bad soft parts, tinsel leads are bad, blah blah blah, man you got haters saying that about every damn sub there is out there! unless its the one they are nut hugging on.

Last edited by a moderator:
wasn't directed at you, i was directing that at these "issues" people have been hearing about, some people stand others getting quality gear for that low of a price.
As for the issues that have happened, a lot of it was cosmetic and it was either already taken care of by their customer service department or those people complaining about it are just extremely OCD about anything and everything and dont realize shipping companies dont give a rats ass about their heavy sub.

the issues about oh bad soft parts, tinsel leads are bad, blah blah blah, man you got haters saying that about every damn sub there is out there! unless its the one they are nut hugging on.
Yeah that's how I was feeling about it.. I keep seeing "I hear that or I heard that." But I have yet to read about an actual person who had problems with them.

Our HDS series subs are a very popular sub and we have a hard time keeping up with the demand. They have proven to be an outstanding ENTRY level sub. Customer feedback has been very good. Our factory direct business model (no 40-60 percent dealer mark-up) allows us to bring quality products to the enduser at very affordable prices.

I often read comments on the forums such as "Soundqubed uses cheap parts" nothing could be further from the truth. Because we are factory direct and sell only through the internet we take that 40-60% dealer mark-up we save and give it back to our customers in the form of lower pricing for comparable products. This also allows us to buy the best production methods and parts available. We don't have to buy substandard parts in order to meet our price points. We design our subs and do hundreds of hours of in house testing in real cars and enclosures before bringing a sub to production.

Audioque/Soundqubed has been in business going on 13 years and our business has grown each and every year. We do very little in the way of advertising; our business depends on word of mouth to grow. We are a family owned business and our extended family has been in the car audio business over 25 years both as an OEM builder for other companies and our own brands.

AQ/SQ will continue to be a factory direct internet business with no intentions of expanding to a dealer based business. We are debt free and pay our employees a living wage. We listen to customer feedback and service what we sell. We offer low priced recones as a customer service; recone sales are not a "profit center" for us. We appreciate each and every one of our customers and plan to be in business for years to come.

Ive been debating getting 4 sa8 but am very seriously looking into the soundqubed 8s...the fact that nobody can personally come forward and say they have had an issue with product only furthers the interest I have in soundqubed

They are good subs for the money. IMO id rather have older SDC2.5's over these. to bad they discontinued them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif.....

on the bright side i ordered a pair of SDC2.5 15s before they sold out them, at the time i think they said they had 7 left before i ordered mine and they are doing work, especially since i got both for 215 shipped new for the pair //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I had a hds3 15 in a large ported (can't remember the exact size) tuned to 34 Hz and it slammed, pretty good sq considering ran for 6 months on dirty power b4 I sold it with no issues

Ive been debating getting 4 sa8 but am very seriously looking into the soundqubed 8s...the fact that nobody can personally come forward and say they have had an issue with product only furthers the interest I have in soundqubed
I went ahead and ordered mine this morning.. Got tired of hearing the he said/she said stuff with nobody coming and giving me a personal experience that was bad.. I currently have 2 Kicker CVRs and from what I hear they are going to outdo them by far so as long as its gets loud I'll be satisfied

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.