required airspace for kicker L7 8

Participant count
  • Participant list

ghill687

I have a 2014 tundra doublecab. I want to put one kicker L7 8" sub underneath the passenger side rear seat. does anyone know airspace requirements for this particular sub, and would it be better to be ported? I don't know much about this stuff, I would like to build the box myself to save money!

Kicker recommends between .66 and 1cuft for ported, I would do the latter. And yes, ported is usually better, if you have the space to accommodate it. Some are going to say there are better subs for the money, but if you like kicker, so be it.

thanks for the input! yeah kicker has always been my personal preference. also, I'm only running one, should I get a 2 or 4 ohm sub? and would you know what I should be looking for in an amp?

thanks for the input! what so you mean by ladder? yeah kicker has always been my personal preference. also, I'm only running one, should I get a 2 or 4 ohm sub? and would you know what I should be looking for in an amp?

He said "the latter" meaning the last thing he said (ported). i.e. he was recommended you do a ported enclosure if you can fit the bigger box.

Get 2 ohms if your amp is 2 ohm stable and if the power it generates at 2 ohms is a good match for your driver.

He will need to get a d4 if it is only one sub to achieve a 2ohm load. Look for something with around 500-600wrms and carefully and properly set your gains, and you should do fine dude. Kicker cx6001, since you like kicker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.