Soundqubed amps

I did some 1/16 ohm clamping. At 1/16 ohm, i was down 3db on same clamped power vs 1ohm.

Amazing, 0.0625 nominal and .4 reactive did not protect my amp. Sure clipped nasty tho

I'd agree but its the only thing I've been able to find on them. He also didn't address somethings about the amp. Seems he only did it because they sent him the amps or something along them lines. He didn't address that the rcas are also different from the q series.

On a side note.... I did find out the boards in the Skar and Soundqubed are not related... Skar's RP and LP amps come from S&I's Chinese buildhouse, and Soundqubed comes from Zenon's Chinese Buildhouse. The entire S line comes from the Zenon Chinese outfit as well as the DD Audio D Series.

I'd agree but its the only thing I've been able to find on them. He also didn't address somethings about the amp. Seems he only did it because they sent him the amps or something along them lines. He didn't address that the rcas are also different from the q series.
FYI I was totally joking. That's me in the video. They did not send me the amps... Well that's not entirely true.. I paid for the amps and then they sent them to me. I don't get provided free product to test (Though totally not against them sending me stuff to test to save me money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ) The RCA's are different because the amps are built using lower grade (But not bad grade) components.

Well thanks for the dyno I have been looking everywhere for one. I just realized I was thinking about another video for some reason. Seriously. It took me a min to figure out what just happened. Seriously sorry and thanks for the dyno. I was talking about this video.

Everyone has been debating if they where related. Isn't the soundqubed owner, DD audios son? So what do you think about the q series vs the s line? Is the q line worth the extra money?
Originally Soundqubed (Originally Audioque) was set up by the father of DD's owner. Most of the subs were built at DD audio, and were direct sales only and located in the same building as DD. Later I heard DD's owner took over Soundqubed from his Dad and separated the brands somewhat further than what they were previously.

As for the S vs Q series... IMHO opinion it completely wrecks the lower Q models, such as the Q-90 and Q-1200. Zero reason to get one of those. As for the Q2200.... If your going to run below 1 ohm, The Q2200 supposedely can handle it better.... but at $389 the Q 2200 is nothing special IMHO. If your running 1ohm... I don't see a reason for selecting a Q over the S series.

Thanks. That's what I've been debating. If I can mange to afford the q4500, that's what i'm going to do but I don't think i'll be able to pull it off so I've been debating between the q2200 and the s2250 and didn't know if the extra for the q line. I was going to wire to .5 but wasn't looking for more power but to just compensate for box rise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.