Sound System Serious Help.

Sell that pos thunderform, and buy a sheet of mdf for $30. You can get plans from several excellent builders here for $20 or less and any one of them will design you something waaaaay better than a sealed box that looks nice. However, if looks mean more to you than how it sounds, by all means keep it. I'm just saying. Your best bet is really to get rid of both the subs and the box, and start over.
That's a good idea, and maybe in the future that will come, but it doesn't help me solve my problem that I currently have.

[quote name='xxbobbyfinxx']I was hoping I would get advice as to how to FIX the problem, not how to start over and redo my entire system.

I'm open for ideas, but buying a new box and a new subwoofer and a new amp doesn't solve my problems.[/QUOTE]

We are telling you EXACTLY how to fix the problem, since the enclosure IS the problem, lol.... And @RangerDanger ; is a person you should take seriously if you want to get loud. He most certainly knows what he's doing.

What you're asking is how to make something louder that can't get louder. If you want it louder then get something louder. Kinda simple.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

And @RangerDanger ; is ****.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

why the **** is s e xy censored ?

[quote name='shpatb']What you're asking is how to make something louder that can't get louder. If you want it louder then get something louder. Kinda simple.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

And @RangerDanger ; is ****.[/QUOTE]

So are there any boxes online you guys would recommend?

I'd hate to go to a car audio place since they treat cars like garbage.

[quote name='av83']We are telling you EXACTLY how to fix the problem, since the enclosure IS the problem, lol.... And @RangerDanger ; is a person you should take seriously if you want to get loud. He most certainly knows what he's doing.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he is, but trolling and being an @ss will get you nowhere. I'm glad you guys are giving me advice, but rudeness doesn't help and hating on a system straight up is useless.

[quote name='xxbobbyfinxx']Maybe he is, but trolling and being an @ss will get you nowhere. I'm glad you guys are giving me advice, but rudeness doesn't help and hating on a system straight up is useless.[/QUOTE]

pm me if you want a design. I usually do them for free if you are nice to me.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

[quote name='av83']We are telling you EXACTLY how to fix the problem, since the enclosure IS the problem, lol.... And @\[B\]RangerDanger ; is a person you should take seriously if you want to get loud. He most certainly knows what he's doing.[/QUOTE]
[/B]
:blush:

So are there any boxes online you guys would recommend?
Not really, shipping is a biotch. Build it yourself, bro... its not hard with the right plans and a circular saw, jig saw, and drill. And you'll learn about enclosures in the process. It's quite rewarding, actually...

I'd hate to go to a car audio place since they treat cars like garbage.

You're right about that. Always DIY if you are willing to learn how to do it right beforehand.

Maybe he is, but trolling and being an @ss will get you nowhere. I'm glad you guys are giving me advice, but rudeness doesn't help and hating on a system straight up is useless.
Lol, you're in the wrong place if you don't wanna be trolled on, lol....

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

[/b]

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Not really, shipping is a biotch. Build it yourself, bro... its not hard with the right plans and a circular saw, jig saw, and drill. And you'll learn about enclosures in the process. It's quite rewarding, actually...
I think I'm going to drive down to my local audio place tomorrow, see what input they have, and work from there. I very well might have to buy a new box. I just want to see what they have to say before I start custom fabricating a box for my truck.

I think I'm going to drive down to my local audio place tomorrow, see what input they have, and work from there. I very well might have to buy a new box. I just want to see what they have to say before I start custom fabricating a box for my truck.
Why? All you need to do is measure how much space you have. The guys on here will be more than happy to help you figure out a GREAT enclosure/sub(s) combo for you based on what you have to work with. You may, very well, be able to keep your subs. However you're going to get more out of your amp if you run it at 1 ohm. That's why I recommended trading the two dual two subs for a single d2. A killer d2 12 in the right box will annihilate your setup now. Don't go to the shop, man. I would take the collective knowledge of the users of this forum over the brand-they-have-for-sale-biased, $-hungry, usually-1/2-azz-trained, folks at a shop anyday of the week.

Why? All you need to do is measure how much space you have. The guys on here will be more than happy to help you figure out a GREAT enclosure/sub(s) combo for you based on what you have to work with. You may, very well, be able to keep your subs. However you're going to get more out of your amp if you run it at 1 ohm. That's why I recommended trading the two dual two subs for a single d2. A killer d2 12 in the right box will annihilate your setup now. Don't go to the shop, man. I would take the collective knowledge of the users of this forum over the brand-they-have-for-sale-biased, $-hungry, usually-1/2-azz-trained, folks at a shop anyday of the week.
I know exactly where you're coming from. If you were here to listen to my system I wouldn't go to the audio place. I just feel like someone who knows a lot about car audio needs to tell me how much better and IF my setup can get any better. I know they are biased and everything, which is why I wouldn't take any of their crap and just ask for the information.

I would very much like to keep the subwoofers that I have, since they are fairly decent and I already have them. I'd like to keep my amp since it powers my subwoofers at around ~1000 watts which will make me more than happy seeing as it will double what my MTX subwoofers could provide.

So I guess what I'm saying is, what's the best fit box I can get that doesn't hinder my seat abilities? I can't adjust the passenger seat anymore since the amp is mounted under it and hidden

away.

Also, when you say killer D2 12, does that mean DVC 12" subwoofer? In that case, what would you have in mind? Wouldn't the two 10"s be a lot better since they have more cone area?

I know exactly where you're coming from. If you were here to listen to my system I wouldn't go to the audio place. I just feel like someone who knows a lot about car audio needs to tell me how much better and IF my setup can get any better. I know they are biased and everything, which is why I wouldn't take any of their crap and just ask for the information.
I would very much like to keep the subwoofers that I have, since they are fairly decent and I already have them. I'd like to keep my amp since it powers my subwoofers at around ~1000 watts which will make me more than happy seeing as it will double what my MTX subwoofers could provide.

So I guess what I'm saying is, what's the best fit box I can get that doesn't hinder my seat abilities? I can't adjust the passenger seat anymore since the amp is mounted under it and hidden

away.

Also, when you say killer D2 12, does that mean DVC 12" subwoofer? In that case, what would you have in mind? Wouldn't the two 10"s be a lot better since they have more cone area?
I would highly suggest trading the two kickers for a single sub. You can get pretty loud with your amp on a single d2 sub in the right box. Put up a want to trade (wtt) ad in the classifieds here and see if anyone offers anything up. Shoot, if they're new, can you return them? If not, sell them. There are plenty of options. However, keeping your subs means you are stuck with a sealed enclosure, since you have so little room. Plus, you're stuck at running them at 2 ohms (even though you measured them a final 1.5, I can guarantee the amp is seeing a higher impedance, for a couple of different reasons) And sealed enclosures aren't going to get as loud and low as you want. It's just the truth. The subs need changed. You don't have the room to give them what they need to get the most out of them.

I would highly suggest trading the two kickers for a single sub. You can get pretty loud with your amp on a single d2 sub in the right box. Put up a want to trade (wtt) ad in the classifieds here and see if anyone offers anything up. Shoot, if they're new, can you return them? If not, sell them. There are plenty of options. However, keeping your subs means you are stuck with a sealed enclosure, since you have so little room. Plus, you're stuck at running them at 2 ohms (even though you measured them a final 1.5, I can guarantee the amp is seeing a higher impedance, for a couple of different reasons) And sealed enclosures aren't going to get as loud and low as you want. It's just the truth. The subs need changed. You don't have the room to give them what they need to get the most out of them.
Alright, after I get the opinion from the audio place I will consider sending the Kickers back. Until then, can I get some subwoofers that you would recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.