Sound System Serious Help.

My box cannot be changed. It's a set piece. I do not want to go through the money to buy another one.
The box I have is from my old subwoofer setup: bit(dot)ly/LL4PnH

I figured if 400RMS sounded great, that simply changing the subwoofers to better ones would yield amazing results.
you're an idiot.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Hmmm. Thanks... didn't know that. Don't really fvck with any sealed enclosures, though. And I knew it was gonna get ugly after his first response to you, lol...
talk sh1t get hit right? lol

My box cannot be changed. It's a set piece. I do not want to go through the money to buy another one.
The box I have is from my old subwoofer setup: bit(dot)ly/LL4PnH

I figured if 400RMS sounded great, that simply changing the subwoofers to better ones would yield amazing results.
it's the same amp? ... than no, you won't notice a much, if any, difference in loudness. Especially in a sealed enclosure. You're never going to get what you are looking for with what you have. Unless you are willing to change your enclosure, and use less cone area, you're just going to have to live with how it sounds.

it's the same amp? ... than no, you won't notice a much, if any, difference in loudness. Especially in a sealed enclosure. You're never going to get what you are looking for with what you have. Unless you are willing to change your enclosure, and use less cone area, you're just going to have to live with how it sounds.
No it's a different amp. The amp that came with the old subwoofers was a 200RMS amp for the 200RMS subwoofers.

I've upgraded the the BRZ1200.1D specifically for the Kicker CVX 10's.

The Thunderform is the nicest enclosure by far for my truck so changing it isn't a good option for me.

No it's a different amp. The amp that came with the old subwoofers was a 200RMS amp for the 200RMS subwoofers.
I've upgraded the the BRZ1200.1D specifically for the Kicker CVX 10's.

The Thunderform is the nicest enclosure by far for my truck so changing it isn't a good option for me.
prefabs and thunderforms are generally horrible.

Hmmm. Thanks... didn't know that. Don't really fvck with any sealed enclosures, though. And I knew it was gonna get ugly after his first response to you, lol...
Doesn't bother me at all. If he's mad and wants to troll it's fine. It's somewhat entertaining to me.

Just because your box worked for the old woofer and amp set up doesn't mean it will work better for another Of you want louder then you need a ported enclosure. Oh and by the way the Brutus amp at best is a low end decent amp. But you get what you

Pay for. 1200 at 10 ohm is really closer to 800 watts do your 1.5 ohms is prolly around 600 watts rms at best and youll not be able to tell a difference from 400 watts rms

Just because your box worked for the old woofer and amp set up doesn't mean it will work better for another Of you want louder then you need a ported enclosure. Oh and by the way the Brutus amp at best is a low end decent amp. But you get what youPay for. 1200 at 10 ohm is really closer to 800 watts do your 1.5 ohms is prolly around 600 watts rms at best and youll not be able to tell a difference from 400 watts rms
What do you mean it's closer? They advertise 1200 Watts @ 1 Ohm and 900 @ 2 Ohms so 1.5 Ohms would put me at around 1050 Watts? It's still a class D amplifier so I mean how much better could my bass get with a different amp?

That's bullhocky. You could build a ported one quite easily that would be better, hands-down. One SA-8 d2, in the right enclosure, with the same amp, would destroy what you have in there now. And I would bet anything a decent, self-built ported enclosure + one SA-8 (or any other high quality, small sub) would cost half as much as that mtx box and kickers did.

That's bullhocky. You could build a ported one quite easily that would be better, hands-down. One SA-8 d2, in the right enclosure, with the same amp, would destroy what you have in there now. And I would bet anything a decent, self-built ported enclosure + one SA-8 (or any other high quality, small sub) would cost half as much as that mtx box and kickers did.
Have you seen the Thunderform? It fits perfectly. I'm not a fan of the wood boxes with the typical carpet wrapped around them. This is color coated and fitted specifically for my single cab truck. The Kickers are already purchased, so building a custom box is not only a ton of labor, but a lot of money that I don't have.

Have you seen the Thunderform? It fits perfectly. I'm not a fan of the wood boxes with the typical carpet wrapped around them. This is color coated and fitted specifically for my single cab truck. The Kickers are already purchased, so building a custom box is not only a ton of labor, but a lot of money that I don't have.
First, it's not what the box looks like on the outside. It's how it performs on the inside.

Second, why ask for advice if you aren't gonna take it?

poor little hood rat...

First, it's not what the box looks like on the outside. It's how it performs on the inside. Second, why ask for advice if you aren't gonna take it?
I was hoping I would get advice as to how to FIX the problem, not how to start over and redo my entire system.

I'm open for ideas, but buying a new box and a new subwoofer and a new amp doesn't solve my problems.

My friend had a single BA 555 in a custom fiber glass enclosure in his dash. His set up was perfect for the sub and since it was in such a small space ( super small cabin ) it was louder than my two 555's in a ported box on twice the power. If you get the right enclosure you can get really fvcking loud in a single cab truck.

Sell that pos thunderform, and buy a sheet of mdf for $30. You can get plans from several excellent builders here for $20 or less and any one of them will design you something waaaaay better than a sealed box that looks nice. However, if looks mean more to you than how it sounds, by all means keep it. I'm just saying. Your best bet is really to get rid of both the subs and the box, and start over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.