Sound System Serious Help.

SundownSydrome
10+ year member

I'm going to just be up front about this and say my sound system is lacking.

I had 400RMS before, and have since upgraded to 1200RMS from Kicker CVX 10"s.

In my honest opinion, it doesn't feel like the ~1000RMS it should be @ 1.5 Ohms.

It's in a 1.8 cubit foot box which is the same box my 400RMS subs were in.

(I have a single cab truck, don't tell me my box is small.)

Point is, I feel like I might have 500RMS with my new Brutus BRZ1200.1D....and that's strange.

I figured if 400RMS shook my rear view mirror like no other, than ~1000RMS would make that **** move down and go crazy or something.

I swear to god if someone says "set your gain lower", you're not helping, because I've tried all of that adjustment stuff and nothing makes me get that extra 500RMS I deem lacking.

So I just had some quick questions. My headlights dim when the bass hits, if I upgrade my battery, will I get more wattage and get that extra bass I think I'm lacking?

The guy at Brutus said 400RMS is a sweet spot for a 1.8 cubic feet box. Is that true? =/

If I upgrade my battery, will I need another alternator? Currently at 130amps.

Are Kicker CVXs meant to be blasted all the time? I blew my MTX SVC subwoofer since it was meant for crisp bass and not to be blasted. I figured the Kicker Competition Dual Voice Coil sub would be able to take the beating.

Thanks for any help given!

I don't even know where to start.... So I guess I'll just ask how you got to a 1.5 final ohm load with those subs?

I don't even know where to start.... So I guess I'll just ask how you got to a 1.5 final ohm load with those subs?
It's actually pretty common, they are both 2 Ohm DVC wired in series parallel and when we tested the impedance we got 1.5 Ohms. Kicker and Hifonics both said this is normal as all subs are not exactly 2, but might be 1.9 or 1.8 and when you add them up and wire them you get 1.5.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

well box is too small, you probably need better wiring not a new battery or alt, and the subs are poopay.
Box too small doesn't help since I can't go any bigger. Saying the subs are poop isn't good either. They aren't bad at all. Just because I don't own some Orion HCCAs doesn't mean my subs are bad. People like to hate on Kicker when these subs are just fine, so lets put away the bias and try to solve this.

It's actually pretty common, they are both 2 Ohm DVC wired in series parallel and when we tested the impedance we got 1.5 Ohms. Kicker and Hifonics both said this is normal as all subs are not exactly 2, but might be 1.9 or 1.8 and when you add them up and wire them you get 1.5. 

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Box too small doesn't help since I can't go any bigger.
Ok... actually makes sense.

box rise. sh1tty amp. 

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

did you clamp it?
lol, why are you even here? You are honestly no help. My amp isn't ****** as I've seen tons of people use it and get great results.

Learn how to type correctly and just leave this thread if you're going to be an ***.

lol, why are you even here? You are honestly no help. My amp isn't ****** as I've seen tons of people use it and get great results.
Learn how to type correctly and just leave this thread if you're going to be an ***.
youmadbro? did you clamp your amp you bumbling piece of trailer trash?

However the guy on the other end of the line at "brutus" (I assume you mean Hifonics customer service?) is an idiot. You can give subs in a small sealed enclosure much more power than normal. And, really, you should scrap the two d2 10's and just get one 12 or 10 d2 that can handle 1000 wrms. That way you can put it in a proper enclosure and run your amp at 1 ohm. Less cone area in an excellent enclosure will ALWAYS sound better than more cone area in a schitty one.

that wasn't a great idea, lol. RangerDanger's fittin to get all up in your ass now, lol....

However the guy on the other end of the line at "brutus" (I assume you mean Hifonics customer service?) is an idiot. You can give subs in a small sealed enclosure much more power than normal. And, really, you should scrap the two d2 10's and just get one 12 or 10 d2 that can handle 1000 wrms. That way you can put it in a proper enclosure and run your amp at 1 ohm. Less cone area in an excellent enclosure will ALWAYS sound better than more cone area in a schitty one.
My box cannot be changed. It's a set piece. I do not want to go through the money to buy another one.

The box I have is from my old subwoofer setup: bit(dot)ly/LL4PnH

I figured if 400RMS sounded great, that simply changing the subwoofers to better ones would yield amazing results.

false. only works for ported enclosures. smaller sealed and more power will create too much heat and the woofer will be more likely to thermally fail, sure it may handle more power mechanically but not thermally. 

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

oh he mad?? did daddy ram it in your bunghole a few too many times?
Hmmm. Thanks... didn't know that. Don't really fvck with any sealed enclosures, though. And I knew it was gonna get ugly after his first response to you, lol...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.