Sound System Serious Help.

Just not willing to give up that seksy prefab it seems.
I'd like to do all I can to keep the subwoofers that I have, but the idea of sealing up the enclosure on one side and putting a beefy 10 in the other sounds promising as well. Would I need to port it? That is a very interesting idea.

Yes you would, it would be to large for only one 10

I'd like to do all I can to keep the subwoofers that I have, but the idea of sealing up the enclosure on one side and putting a beefy 10 in the other sounds promising as well. Would I need to port it? That is a very interesting idea.
Yes you would, it would be to large for only one 10
How good would you estimate my results if I sealed up one end and got a beefy 10? 1000RMS 10 in my 1.8 cubic foot box?

How good would you estimate my results if I sealed up one end and got a beefy 10? 1000RMS 10 in my 1.8 cubic foot box?
If its a beefy good 10 I think you will be amazed. just maje sure all your measurments are right. I would have one of the designers around here take a look at it for you

If its a beefy good 10 I think you will be amazed. just maje sure all your measurments are right. I would have one of the designers around here take a look at it for you
Alright, how would I port it? Just leave a hole where the other 10 would be sealed.

As for my other options, keeping these CVXs and making a bigger box would yield good results?

Alright, how would I port it? Just leave a hole where the other 10 would be sealed.
As for my other options, keeping these CVXs and making a bigger box would yield good results?
Take some maximum measurments and post it up in the box forum. I dont think you will fit 2 ported 10s back there. That would be the cheapest way to go. If you can fit a ported 10 that would be the best option. Even two ported 8s would be better then you have now.

Take some maximum measurments and post it up in the box forum. I dont think you will fit 2 ported 10s back there. That would be the cheapest way to go. If you can fit a ported 10 that would be the best option. Even two ported 8s would be better then you have now.
A build from scratch is the way to go..The only reason I suggested the DC XL 10 was the mounting depth and power handling of the sub.

The box he has now:

MTX FRP20C-TN (frp20ctn) Ford F-150 Regular Cab 1997-2003, 2 10"

frp20ctn.jpg

Bleh, gonna have to take my old box out which is a pain and I cannot do it alone. I linked the old box I had, not sure if that helps at all in terms of making a new box.

Update: So I saw a video of the SA-8 and was really impressed. I checked out the specs and saw that it's mounting depth is a bit much, but the SA-10 has less mounting depth and more RMS.

On top of all that, it requires "0.5 ft^3" sealed! I have .9 on each side so I take it these would do a LOT better than the Kicker CVXs I have?

Or even the SD-10 is even easier for my to mount.

Another Edit: Keep browsing and found the SSA ICON which is 1250RMS for a single 10 and requires .5 cubes. Man there's so many better alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.