Sound quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Another symptom of autism is an extreme resistance to change of any kind. Autistic children tend to want to maintain established behavior patterns and a set environment. They develop rituals in play, oppose change (such as moving furniture), and may become obsessed with one particular topic. "

"An autistic child has poor judgment and is therefore always at risk for danger. For instance, an autistic child may run into a busy street without any sign of fear. "

-www.healthscout.com

When you buy top-of-the-line stuff, you are not really paying for the quality or the features. You are paying more because of the brand name itself and the "reputation" of that company. Its just like cars. Mercedes and Jaguar cost $50,000 to $75,000, but you can find most of the same features in the $30,000 Kia Amanti. The reason Mercedes and Jaguar cost more is not because of all the features, its because of the brand name. I have done my research, and found that most of the costs from a product are not from making the product itself. Instead, the costs come primarily from advertising and marketing that product. That means the company has to jack their prices up to make up for that lost revenue. That is also one reason why I chose Sony. Sony does not spend as much money on advertising and marketing as most of their competitors do, so they have low overhead costs, which leads to lower prices. Most people ignore these facts and spend mucho dinero on top-of-the-line products which aren't even worth the prices people pay for those products. Its just like the food at McDonalds...A burger only costs $1.00 to make, yet McDonalds charges you $5 or more for that burger. Most companies make you pay way more than the product is worth, and they trick you into doing so by using "legitimate reasons", like massive ad campaigns for the product, paying stores mucho dinero to put the products on their shelves, and all that stuff.
My question to you guys is this: Do you really want to pay more for "the best" stuff or do you want to pay for a cheaper product that has most, if not all of the same features?
Dude for real, just shut up. You are making yourself look more and more foolish.

Your comparisons are assinine. First off, if someone had $30K to spend, why the hell would they spend it on a **** Kia? There is in no way any comparison between Kia and Jaguar or MErcedes. . . THe Kia is not even near the level of: 1. QAULITY, 2:ENGINEERING, 3. REFINEMENT, 4. PERFORMANCE. Do you REALLY think the only reason things cost more than others is simply do to what you have outlined in the previous post.

OPEN YOUR EYES TO YOUR IGNORANCE MY FRIEND, and quit making contradictions to your own statements.

IF you want the flaming to stop, simply walk away from the keyboard and enroll yourself in a school so you can educate yourself.

Thanks Tirefryr. I didn't want to be the guy with the Mercedes shutting him down and being accused of just championing what I own.

Also, what burger at McDonald's has ever cost $5? I don't think he gets out much.

Actually, I'm not the one breaking the rules here. You guys are breaking the forum rules by flaming me, so I do not have to stop what I am doing.

Actually, I'm not the one breaking the rules here. You guys are breaking the forum rules by flaming me, so I do not have to stop what I am doing.

DO you not realize your own stupidity here? That is the only point you continue to validate.

Unsubscribing.

OK, let's drop the issue. I've had enough of people flaming me because I do not think the same way everyone else does. I respectfully request that a moderator close this topic to prevent further defamatory actions.

OK, let's drop the issue. I've had enough of people flaming me because I do not think the same way everyone else does. I respectfully request that a moderator close this topic to prevent further defamatory actions.
last thing i will say it is not about you not thinking the same way us we do its about you refuseing to listen to what people are telling you. many of the people who have responded to you in this thread (myself excluded) have not only more life experience but more experience dealing with the things you were debating then you. And your refusal to listen is what got everyone started...there really wasnt much flaming at all

Well, see, that's the thing. I checked the "effects of compression" thread, but I saw nothing in there about ATRAC3plus, and what I know about the stuff I was talking about is based on my own personal experiences with that stuff. I did not listen to what people were saying primarily because of two reasons. The first reason is because I have not had the same bad experiences everyone else had. The second reason is because everyone here seems biased in one way or another towards not only car audio brands, but towards other people as well. I know for a fact that everyone views this world differently, and I respect that. I just do not like the fact that people bash someone because of their refusal to accept claims that aren't backed up with physical proof. If you guys present me with actual physical proof of just how bad Sony's mobile audio is or that ATRAC3plus is not as good as I think it is, then I will be more willing to accept that, but until I see proof, I am not going to willingly accept "heresay" claims.

at the same time though there are not too many ways to physically prove our own personal experience. The majority of which for most of us when it comes to sony has not been good so many peoples bias towards sony and other "low end" has come from our own personal experiences.

Add ATRAC3plus tests to the "effects of compression" thread and let me compare ATRAC3plus to a store-bought CD, to MP3, and to WMA formats, then I will be more willing to accept what people say about ATRAC3plus.

I have not had bad experiences with Sony, and I do understand Sony is only "entry-level" stuff. However, that is just the experiences I have had. If you guys have had bad experiences with Sony, then I am sorry that it happened to you, but that does not mean you have to be biased towards someone who has not had those same bad experiences. The four brands I have had the best experiences with are Sony, Sharp, Insignia, and Toshiba. I have not had any problems with any of those brands, which is why I am standing behind them.

I understand everyone's experiences with products differ, and I understand it can lead to people being biased towards the products they have had bad experiences with, but the reason I refused to accept what people were trying to tell me is primarily because I did not have those bad experiences. All people had to say was this: "We understand you have not had problems with Sony, but our own experiences with Sony were not as good as yours, which is why we think the way we do about them". Now, about ATRAC3plus...Since there was no post in the "effects of compression" thread about ATRAC3plus, I was forced to go by what I read on Sony's website and in the instruction manuals I got with my ATRAC3plus portable CD player. I am sorry if it made me make false claims, but those were the only things I could go by since there were no tests done to compare ATRAC3plus to MP3 and WMA format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...