Sound Quality peeps, what NEW SCHOOL 4 channel are you running and why?

If anyone is interested in some background on sound localization, I have a few articles of interest. One company that made large headway in this field was developing audible exit signage, using broadband noise to allow easily localization. Their research made it into NFPA 72 and is included in Annex D for voice evacuation (speech intelligibility and sound localization) for the preservation of life. Two of their articles are here:

\http://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/Documents/localizable_alarms.pdf

http://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/Documents/exitpoint_directional_sound_evacuation.pdf

You'll note that localization doesn't have a hard cutoff above or below a certain frequency. Instead, the spectral content of the noise is what matters. How we localize sound (IID vs ITD) has a frequency cut-off based on the physical distance between our ears.

Page 4 of this article has good graphics to illustrate this:

http://www.systemsensor.com/en-us/Documents/life_saving_directional_sound.pdf
Thanks for the info. Here's a good old thread on the topic from DIYMA...

midbass arrays revisited - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

I read a good deal of that thread and I'm not convinced that it's accurate.

For example vertical localization is above 3k. Yet if you play 300hz through your mids you CAN localize it.

I wouldn't touch CT Sounds with a ten foot pole
So I talked to some of their ex dealers today and literally he gyped them out of 20k worth of pay and commission for several months worth of work. These guys were out there really pushing and selling his products hard giving him their all. He literally cut ties with them, blocked them out of every group and social media outlet. He also hacked the guy's phone and deleted all his text messages.

Also said when they were hanging out, coleman was always doing several 8 balls of coke with the nickname coke man the dinger. YIKES!!! sh*t is worse than ppl thought haha.

Wow, why don’t business owners that have fairly good and profitable products realize as long as they don’t do completely shady sh*t and screw people over he could of been in business for years to come.

So I talked to some of their ex dealers today and literally he gyped them out of 20k worth of pay and commission for several months worth of work. These guys were out there really pushing and selling his products hard giving him their all. He literally cut ties with them, blocked them out of every group and social media outlet. He also hacked the guy's phone and deleted all his text messages.
Also said when they were hanging out, coleman was always doing several 8 balls of coke with the nickname coke man the dinger. YIKES!!! sh*t is worse than ppl thought haha.
Thumbsup for update lol

Wow, why don’t business owners that have fairly good and profitable products realize as long as they don’t do completely shady sh*t and screw people over he could of been in business for years to come.
Simple: Greed.

Look what happened to Tantric Sounds.

I have the Zapco ST5X amp and the sound is great. Haven't had anything recently to compare it with, but I may have something soon for my other vehicle. I'll probably hook it up in place of the Zapco just to see if I hear a difference.

If on a budget and want big AB power, US Acoustics Barbra Ann or SoundQubed 90.4. If not on a budget, SSA IC150.4 or Sundown SAX-125.4. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.