some noob with a system

andytb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SANDUSKY, OH
so.. i see this guy today that i used to work with and he tells me he got his new system hooked up he has two hifonics 3215 and one xx collusus 3200 watt amp. he said it was rediculous loud i sat in there and i wanted to laugh at him. i then looked at his box each chamber was 20x12x18 which would be 2.5 cubes before port displacement and before the sub displacement. it was a joke the width of his port was about 3/4 inch and it was it was an L so it up even more room. this guy is an idiot i felt bad that he thought it was crazy loud

meh, i went to radio shack to buy some terminals and he asked if i was hookin up a system i said yeah, he said he had a rediculously loud system as well, he had a L5 powered by a ZX300.1 WOW! i could barely breathe in that thing! and before he showed me his sub he said his sub would blow mine out of the water. Iwas like k bud.

Had a guy do that to me at a training meeting one day. He was telling me about how his 2 15's would blow my single sub setup away. I informed him that he could have 10 15's and it wouldn't matter because he had some crappy 1000w sony xplod amp. Well to make a long story short, he couldn't figure out why my BTL and my JL 1000/1 made his setup seem nominal. Some people just don't get it. They say they have ____, and are extremely uninformed about the whole industry. I never say that I have a better system or even louder system than anyone, until I hear their setup.

I know a kid w/2 JL W3's on a Sony 1000 watter (lol).. & it sounded like BUNG.

Then I made him a box, set all his **** up right.. you can hear him from about 2 blocks now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Weird.

The last time I went to Radio Shack to buy any install accessories the salesman asked me if I was hooking up some car stereo gear and when I told him "Yes" he looked at me like he had just found his savior. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

He had a Civic coupe with the OEM AM/FM/tape still in the dash and wanted a CD player installed but admitted to being totally clueless about such things. (2 points for him for honesty) He asked would I be willing to install it for him for less than the $85 Circuit City had quoted him.

$85 for a simple HU install?!?

No wonder CC's owners/stockholders are doing well...

I had him go to WalMart and buy the appropriate wiring harness adapter and charged him $25 + a 6-pack of beer to put the deck in his car....an operation that took a grand total of under 30 minutes including heatshrinking the wire splices together.

So - I walked away with a full tank of gas and a fresh 6-pack of MGD and he had a CD player in his car and spent around half of what CC would have charged.

Two happy parties walking away from a deal satisfied.

It was a good day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Weird.The last time I went to Radio Shack to buy any install accessories the salesman asked me if I was hooking up some car stereo gear and when I told him "Yes" he looked at me like he had just found his savior. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

He had a Civic coupe with the OEM AM/FM/tape still in the dash and wanted a CD player installed but admitted to being totally clueless about such things. (2 points for him for honesty) He asked would I be willing to install it for him for less than the $85 Circuit City had quoted him.

$85 for a simple HU install?!?

No wonder CC's owners/stockholders are doing well...

I had him go to WalMart and buy the appropriate wiring harness adapter and charged him $25 + a 6-pack of beer to put the deck in his car....an operation that took a grand total of under 30 minutes including heatshrinking the wire splices together.

So - I walked away with a full tank of gas and a fresh 6-pack of MGD and he had a CD player in his car and spent around half of what CC would have charged.

Two happy parties walking away from a deal satisfied.

It was a good day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You lucky bastard, that would get me about 7 gallons of gas here. lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

You lucky bastard, that would get me about 7 gallons of gas here. lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Currently $25 here will get me about 8 gallons of midgrade + a bit more.

This happened back before Katrina struck the Gulf Coast and sent fuel prices up to around $3/gallon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

the cheapest gas in my area is $3.09 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif , i cant wait till it goes back down in the winter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif , $20 normally fills up my saturn lol

cheapest over here is 2.69

btw how easy is a headunit install neway

I wanna try and learn but not on my car on a freinds old ass jeep cherokee

so.. i see this guy today that i used to work with and he tells me he got his new system hooked up he has two hifonics 3215 and one xx collusus 3200 watt amp. he said it was rediculous loud i sat in there and i wanted to laugh at him. i then looked at his box each chamber was 20x12x18 which would be 2.5 cubes before port displacement and before the sub displacement. it was a joke the width of his port was about 3/4 inch and it was it was an L so it up even more room. this guy is an idiot i felt bad that he thought it was crazy loud
If the guy is happy with his install then good for him. Grats on your post though.

Pzaully

cheapest over here is 2.69
btw how easy is a headunit install neway

I wanna try and learn but not on my car on a freinds old ass jeep cherokee
It's vehicle dependent.

My car is easy as pie - remove the HVAC control knobs, remove the ashtray and lighter, pry of the bezel around the center console, unplug the wiring for the 4-way flashers and rear window defroster, and where a single-DIN stereo sits is now completely exposed.

Slide the cage in and bend the appropriate tabs to lock it in place, after all the wiring connections are secured pull the wiring and antenna lead through the hole, replace the console bezel, attach the wiring to the new headunit, slide it into its cage. Done.

Other vehicles, depending on how difficult it is to access/disassemble to parts that require it, can be a complete PITA. Old older Cherokee ought to be fairly straightforward I would imagine.

When you say old-ass is it from back when Jeep products were still manufactured by AMC?

If the guy is happy with his install then good for him. Grats on your post though.
Pzaully
im sure he is happy but hes been saving up for like 2 years and i just kinda expected more. its got to be his box it ******

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.