Silverado DDZ build

I just put wire thru the passenger firewall and dammit it was a biotch..
Should of done it your way into the cab.

Sent from my ZTE ZMax using Tapatalk
Yeah, behind the cab was easy. No drilling required.

Going through the bed was a bitch though.

Got my ground wire from the alternator ran all the way back into the bed
IMG_20150917_151854_480_zpsev5n4bb2.jpg

IMG_20150917_151905_176_zpslxru0sus.jpg

I bent my $70 drill bit today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It stuck, and I thought the drill broke my wrist for a second. It smashed my arm against some metal and I was pissed when I saw the bit.

Anyways, I opened up the hole and covered the wire with split tubing. Not going to see the duct tape behind the battery rack.

IMG_20150917_154716_336_zpsiou9qikx.jpg
WTH ? 70 dollar drill bit ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif How ever a little heat shrink would look a little better than ductape ? why didnt you just use a 5.00 hole saw and make it big enough to put a grommet in there so you dont gotta wory about sheet metal cutting through your flex loom and wire and potentially starting a fire ? I am a little concerned buddy ? Or is that your ground ?

Forgot to say that its coming together nicely though ? I am just worried about that wiring //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I come back to

- Incompetence from Tantric

- Bunch of hate and doubt on your thread

Keep up the good work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

WTH ? 70 dollar drill bit ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif How ever a little heat shrink would look a little better than ductape ? why didnt you just use a 5.00 hole saw and make it big enough to put a grommet in there so you dont gotta wory about sheet metal cutting through your flex loom and wire and potentially starting a fire ? I am a little concerned buddy ? Or is that your ground ?
Didn't have a hole saw that was the right site, and I think the loom is going to be fine. Anyways, everything will be fused.

I come back to
- Incompetence from Tantric

- Bunch of hate and doubt on your thread

Keep up the good work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thanks!

Positive is ran to the back. I'm going to completely finish everything else up tomorrow.

Then when I get the recones, I'll just have to install the finished subs and set my gain.

IMG_20150918_145039_430_zpssjsqtoea.jpg

Keep holding your breath on those softparts.

Also what sort of drill bit did you break? I always use a good quality unibit and while they eventually wear out, they slide through sheet metal like nothing.

There's too many pages and I had too many beers to go through it all but what I saw I like. Very nice job.
Thanks, lots of talking, which is why I'm going to make an uninterrupted build log afterwards with mostly pics.

Do you solder your wires, or crimp?
Crimp

Keep holding your breath on those softparts.
Also what sort of drill bit did you break? I always use a good quality unibit and while they eventually wear out, they slide through sheet metal like nothing.
This drill bit. The top part is 7/8 inch, so it's pretty big

IMG_20150917_114741_669_zps1iichgh2.jpg

You can buy a Klein Unibit for 70$ which is the proper tool for that sort of thing (and generally very handy). Or buy a cheaper knockoff for 25-30$ range, but I'd trust the Klein to perform better and outlast cheap brands.

It was what they had at the local hardware store
Or you can get a set of three uni bit copys at harbor freight for less than 20.00. I have had a set for over a year and still cutting fine. At work I have klein and they last forever but as Hispls said they are expensive but not 70 bucks jeez. And how the heck did you bend that thing? That must have taken some force.

Or you can get a set of three uni bit copys at harbor freight for less than 20.00. I have had a set for over a year and still cutting fine. At work I have klein and they last forever but as Hispls said they are expensive but not 70 bucks jeez. And how the heck did you bend that thing? That must have taken some force.
I'm honestly surprised that the bit bent and my arm didn't break. It smashed my arm between the drill and the side of my truck bed. The tendons in my arm took some damage. I can't make a fist and bend my wrist all the way at the same time. They're still swollen and won't stretch that far

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.