si subs?

If you were to be blindfolded in a room, auditioned both of them, you would never hear the difference between the two.
Your ears are not that good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Already had one guy say that before... so we built a pair of subs and the only difference between the two subs was the logo on the dustcap...and he claimed he could hear a difference.

The only difference he could 'hear' was the logo that he saw on a the dustcap.

Carry on though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
look i like my sub way better then the fi subs that are out there. i feel so many people come to this site ask what they should buy and its allways the same 3 or 4 companies. would u say i have a good point? i made this thread askin why people dont use si subs. if u dont like the sub or u feel that there is better thats fine.

If you were to be blindfolded in a room, auditioned both of them, you would never hear the difference between the two.
Your ears are not that good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Already had one guy say that before... so we built a pair of subs and the only difference between the two subs was the logo on the dustcap...and he claimed he could hear a difference.

The only difference he could 'hear' was the logo that he saw on a the dustcap.

Carry on though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I do this all the time when I audition speakers I've built that have no finishing. I have a set of Definitive towers that I got as a steal, and I always do an a-b test and say "now you're listening to the Definitive" or "now you're listening to mine". Most people go with the Definitive, definitely at least 95% of the time. The problem is that, I space them so closely (not the left and right, I mean each left from each company is about 2" away from the other) that they can't actually tell the source, and as such, when I say the Definitive is playing, I'm actually playing mine. The results, however, are always the opposite when I've finished them in a nice lacquer or veneer finish. People don't seem to believe that the visual aspect of a speaker is that important to how someone perceives the quality of the sound: even though the actual audio might be better, something that looks iffy or has a lesser name gets raped by the placebo effect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

look i like my sub way better then the fi subs that are out there. i feel so many people come to this site ask what they should buy and its allways the same 3 or 4 companies. would u say i have a good point? i made this thread askin why people dont use si subs. if u dont like the sub or u feel that there is better thats fine.
He's being serious, they are so similar that it's just your head telling you that. They really are from the same maker, it even says so on their website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

my sub sounds great and not many people have it. for that reason i love it, sure i could go get a few fi subs again or sundown or whatever u want and try it out but im sure to go back to the single 12inch si sub.

He's being serious, they are so similar that it's just your head telling you that. They really are from the same maker, it even says so on their website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
its still better then any fi sub out there now. i dont care if its made buy the same people. if it was the same it would have a fi on the dustcap. the si sub is better

If you were to be blindfolded in a room, auditioned both of them, you would never hear the difference between the two. Your ears are not that good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Already had one guy say that before... so we built a pair of subs and the only difference between the two subs was the logo on the dustcap...and he claimed he could hear a difference. The only difference he could 'hear' was the logo that he saw on a the dustcap. Carry on though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Cmon man - you should know by now that the dustcap can make a 3-4db difference! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

its still better then any fi sub out there now. i dont care if its made buy the same people. if it was the same it would have a fi on the dustcap. the si sub is better
Just like Dunlop tennis balls are so much better than Slazenger ones, and Jaguar's engines are so much better than Ford's, right? You haven't the slightest idea about how many audio companies either share patents or products altogether.

I do this all the time when I audition speakers I've built that have no finishing. I have a set of Definitive towers that I got as a steal, and I always do an a-b test and say "now you're listening to the Definitive" or "now you're listening to mine". Most people go with the Definitive, definitely at least 95% of the time. The problem is that, I space them so closely (not the left and right, I mean each left from each company is about 2" away from the other) that they can't actually tell the source, and as such, when I say the Definitive is playing, I'm actually playing mine. The results, however, are always the opposite when I've finished them in a nice lacquer or veneer finish. People don't seem to believe that the visual aspect of a speaker is that important to how someone perceives the quality of the sound: even though the actual audio might be better, something that looks iffy or has a lesser name gets raped by the placebo effect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yep.

Many people can't see through a brand name...

People who argue that a "Lexus" is better than a "Toyota" are nothing but fools that fall into the prestige of a brand...

Even though they are the same cars minus the seats and the cute logo on the hood and trunk..built at the same place...designed on the same platform...and will still get you from point A to point B the same exact way...the same number of times..

I guess they aren't using their dipsticks eh? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.