Should I Install a Capacitor?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hunter079

I've got a Polk dxi 124 connected to an RE 2000.1 amp in my 1991 Honda Civic. When I play music at louder volumes, the light on the remote dims a lot and the sub seems to lose its power. I haven't really noticed any headlight dim when driving. I was wondering if this is an issue that could be solved by adding a capacitor.

Maxwell or XS supercaps if you must use capacitors. Any off Sonicelectronix are garbage..
I doubt he'd know how to wire and use those properly or even charge them properly if he's asking this question.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Set the amp up right first. Those don't do what they say they do.
especially on stock electrical, they do even less than you think they do with poor voltage and current and you already think they do barely anything for power.

I doubt he'd know how to wire and use those properly or even charge them properly if he's asking this question.
I agree with you, but that statement wasn't just for him. Hopefully others will see that and stop making this thread over and over again

I agree caps are pointless I use them for looks and monitoring voltage. Definitely a big 3 upgrade could work. Just changing to better quality wiring could help. When I had my BMW my voltage was at 13.2 on cold start on stock wiring when changed to Memphis 4guage for solenoid wire memphis 8guage for the alt ground and memphis 4guage for body ground and ran some Rockford 4guage that I had laying around for the battery saw my voltage jump to 14v

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Don't even use caps to monitor voltage. Just get a relay and led volt meter for $5 on ebay. It's cheaper than a garbage cap and won't bottleneck your amp's power supply

Don't even use caps to monitor voltage. Just get a relay and led volt meter for $5 on ebay. It's cheaper than a garbage cap and won't bottleneck your amp's power supply
Cap was free I ha two laying around lol

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.