Amp upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kareklas

Cyprus
Hello,i have one 4 channel amp installed in my car with a Pioneer 300rms-1300max sub and two 6x9 rear Pioneer 40rms 240max and two front 140max kenwood speakers.I want to buy a new amp which cost €170 here in my country (cyprus).

Ground Zero GZIA 2235HPX

This is the amp i want to buy.I just wanted to ask if it's 540rms or max and if im ok with that amp without any extra battery or capacitor.

That ground zero is a nice amp.you should not need any additional electrical as long as you have a decent battery up front.you should also have big 3 done if not done already.if you have a stock battery look into an AGM battery and use good wire.

The ratings for the sub you listed are RMS ratings. Look above the chart:

"*The WRMS output power is based on the CEA Standard CEA-2006-A ( 14.4V, 1% THD)"

That being said, I personally wouldn't put 540W RMS on a sub rated for 300W, but I listen to music with heavy basslines.

Also you should be fine with stock electrical up to at least 1,000W RMS total on most modern cars with a healthy alt and battery.

The ratings for the sub you listed are RMS ratings. Look above the chart:
"*The WRMS output power is based on the CEA Standard CEA-2006-A ( 14.4V, 1% THD)"

That being said, I personally wouldn't put 540W RMS on a sub rated for 300W, but I listen to music with heavy basslines.

Also you should be fine with stock electrical up to at least 1,000W RMS total on most modern cars with a healthy alt and battery.
You are basing this off that he will be running a sine wave. If he correctly sets the gain with little to no clip the sub should not have an issue with a burst of over the rated spec unless he plans to listen to decaf all day at full tilt.

Ground Zero GZIA 2130HPX
The shop also has this one...But idk...What if this 1 goes to his Max and sound goes bad? What's your opinion?
This amp you just posted would keep you at the safe level towards not blowing your sub, but always having a little extra will always be better in the end.

Who will be doing your setup? The shop or you?

Ofc me...I prefer the 500rms cuz maybe if i want to upgrade later to a 500rms gz sub i wouldnt need any amp upgrade...
That amp should not be an issue then.

If for any reason while tuning the sub you hear the sub sound different during gain tuning, then just go down on the gain.

Read up some tutorials on gain tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.