should i bolt down my box when i get it made?

porksoda
10+ year member

Dakota GOD!!!
nm
Well recently my system got stolen and i wanna be just a little more safer so i was wondering if i should bold that sucker down to the truck? I case some one does try to steal stuff they wont get very far when they find out they cant move my box. Thanks for the info guys!

porksoda

if they can't move it...they'll destroy it

But yeah if it's small enough to get out easily, bolt it down.

My box however is so big and heavy it cannot be lifted out by one person, nor can it be lifted out without removing the amps first...it's about an hour project with a lot of tools and swearing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

uhhh, nope, just put some handles on it so its easyer for you t move (duhh, yes, if youve already got ur **** jacked once, BOLT IT DOWN, my shits never got jacked and i bolt mine down anyways

always should be bolted down. Not just because of it being stolen easily but also because it may end up against a wall and you'll be pumping that sub and it will be slapping against a wall, probably damaging the surround. Also, if not bolted down things could go up to the surround and damage it, slice it open.... happened to me a long time ago. Bolt them shiites down ever since.

Originally Posted by joetama Why?

I love the sound of my box sliding around and crushing things....
And I thought he was being serious, d@mn your crazy!

Are there really people driving around with these half ton boxes just sitting there? What if you roll it, or will you be dead anyway???

Also remember that a 100lb+ subwoofer enclosure isn't something you want flying around in the cabin with you if you get in a wreck. Bolt that thing down.

Seriously... Don't you? Especially if it is a container holding liquid or my amplifiers... God I love that...
personally I slam on my brakes to have the box come crashing towards me.

or teh fun one, where it rips out wires and stuff.

If I were you I would take your own advice and be safer and bold that sucker down. Why even question it, unless you just want it stolen again.

Where do you live again? Your probably dont lock your doors either do you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.