Setting up raw drivers and amps For a suburban Opinions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

94 ranger

CarAudio.com Recruit
I wanted too repost from my last thread ,
And this question is for the suv guys !

I have a Super clean 94 suburban that was all stock practically junk oem equipment and a very original with minimal amount of speakers " originally 4x10 in upper rear roof area and 4x6 in dash .
This is a well known sub par oem speaker setup going back to the 88-94 Chevy GMC trucks

I'm looking for ideas on restaging/location opinions, amp selection and raw driver opinions and I want to go loud and clear without hassling with pricey components.

lucky enough there is enough room in the front doors available to cut out a 6.5 cavity with speaker ring adapters for magnet depth issues if I run into that.
I already own set of 6.5 kick pods 88-94 Chevy trucks to use down on the floor .
I have already cutout and located some 6.5s in the both passenger doors .
Lastly I have all the space in the world to put anything from 6.5"s too 10" mids in both the Barn door panels . These may be more for show and maybe some distance playing if I ever want too utilize the Barn doors speakers for playing some music to the outside world .
Now with all that in mind with my placement options what would the suggestions be for the amount of speakers I should go with as well as good staging and recommended brands out there available that would fill in a suv and sound extremely good.
ex: prv , Rockford, American bass etc .. were a few I had in mind
And the best Solid amp minimizing the amounts of interior amps to run 6 speakers .
Let's just say for example would I want 8ohm drivers for all , would I want mid-range in the pods and midbass in the front doors or vise versa or mid bass in the rear passenger doors and mid bass in the Rear barn doors ? Follow my point ? And can I drive these with One particular 2k or better amp that had full range or hghpass options? I don't have the want for multiple interior amps No more than two, but I would like to know of a scenario where I can use one monoblock wiring all the speakers down to the correct ohm load to drive them as apose to buying Three 2 channel amps for 6 drivers

I'm not trying to spend 1000$'s to accomplish this as single drivers on eBay run 29$ up to over 100$ , so I can see myself spending 200-300$ on the driver's vs 500$ on one component set and that's ok with me.
I am ok with amp cost but not trying to go top of the line. And I've also seen some vids of a few people actually suggesting you gain alot by running interior drivers off a mono block over powered, basically an amp per door . My thoughts were one amp for all 6 drivers if I even need 6 to fullfil my expectations.
So sound off with this setup that you would go with if you had this vehicle.
Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.