Setting speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
So connect my new amp to my sub amp..

Set HU to highest I will play, than set DMM?

Generallly after amping your speakers, how much more can you turn it up on the HU without clipping ?

Or does the speaker still clip at the same volume?

Im just confused I feel like a speaker should clip at the same watts no matter if there is an amp on it or not right?

I know how to use the DMM to set gain, those links you gave me in that other thread are expired..

My questions was, since my speakers will be on an AMP does that change the way I set dmm?

So connect my new amp to my sub amp.. Set HU to highest I will play, than set DMM?

Generallly after amping your speakers, how much more can you turn it up on the HU without clipping ?

Or does the speaker still clip at the same volume?

Im just confused I feel like a speaker should clip at the same watts no matter if there is an amp on it or not right?
It'll clip at the same volume. You need to know where the amp clips.

Here's how to break it down into layman's terms: Your HU will play unclipped up to a certain volume, regardless of whether it's subs or speakers. To be safe, just set it to 80 percent of your maximum volume. Now go in and play the 50Hz test tone for your subs amp and the 1KHz test tone for your speakers and adjust each by your calculations for desired power. Now don't go above this volume level on your HU. Honestly, you can set your speakers amp by DMM and then adjust sub level to blend with your speakers. Just don't go over the max power you calculated for your subs amp.

And you should really figure out which speakers you have up front before you do this. That way you can calculate out how much power they should be getting. Overpower them too long and you could risk needing replacements in the near future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.