Cdt hd-2/al

Participant count
  • Participant list
If your hearing is good up top and you like a sharp presence to the treble then you will likely miss having a small tweeter with that driver. I ran the CDT ES-02 without 1" tweeters for quite some time and at high volume it just wasn't good enough for my tastes on the top end. The newest HD-2 is supposed to have a little more extension toward 19 kHz. The most common complaint people have about running a wide bandwidth driver like these is a lack of airyness and spaciousness. You can always add a small tweeter if you like. If they're anything like the ES-02 as a midrange they might make your jaw drop.

CDT has a new aluminum tweeter called HD-1A/bl that has a housing to match the HD-2/bl. I'm not sure it has shipped yet but it's for someone who wants the treble to pop. If that combination is anything like what I'm running with ES-02 and DRT-26A aluminum tweeters it's going to be amazing, especially at the lower price of the HD line.

If your hearing is good up top and you like a sharp presence to the treble then you will likely miss having a small tweeter with that driver. I ran the CDT ES-02 without 1" tweeters for quite some time and at high volume it just wasn't good enough for my tastes on the top end. The newest HD-2 is supposed to have a little more extension toward 19 kHz. The most common complaint people have about running a wide bandwidth driver like these is a lack of airyness and spaciousness. You can always add a small tweeter if you like. If they're anything like the ES-02 as a midrange they might make your jaw drop.
CDT has a new aluminum tweeter called HD-1A/bl that has a housing to match the HD-2/bl. I'm not sure it has shipped yet but it's for someone who wants the treble to pop. If that combination is anything like what I'm running with ES-02 and DRT-26A aluminum tweeters it's going to be amazing, especially at the lower price of the HD line.
the hd 1a hasn't been released as of yet .but very soon ,but there are a few available thru some of us cdt authorized dealers,on order ,but supplies are very limited on these til the full release .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.