Setting Gain, LPF, & Subsonic filter questions...

Participant count
  • Participant list
as long as you have that jvc head unit or any kind of active network capable head unit(if you can get an 80 prs for 140 that'll be the dream), any kind of combination of mid and tweeter should work but i'll need to teach you how to make those super tweeters not sound like sh*t lol. Its not those particular tweeters since i dont have any experience with them but in general super tweeters of any kind sound like **** without proper tuning knowledge. You can make super tweeters sound like silk domes with proper tuning though so its not really an issue unless you have a non active capable head unit then you are completely fked.
Right on brotha, your always such a big help to me... I'll get that HU for now and I'll keep my mind open and look around a bit more before I settle on the FU Audio stuff... I'll probably end up going with the FU Audio stuff I just wanna see what else I could find out there.

I'll let you know after I pick up that head unit so you can point me in the right direction for learning how to tune it right. I really appreciate the time you take to help me.

Right on brotha, your always such a big help to me... I'll get that HU for now and I'll keep my mind open and look around a bit more before I settle on the FU Audio stuff... I'll probably end up going with the FU Audio stuff I just wanna see what else I could find out there.
I'll let you know after I pick up that head unit so you can point me in the right direction for learning how to tune it right. I really appreciate the time you take to help me.

The super horn thing would need an additional throat. I'd say just do the regular 3 or 4 tweeter in place of your sonys. Midbass in the front and dont even bother doing anything with your rear 6x9s. If you can fit the 8 up front then by all means go ahead, its slightly less loud/efficient than the 6.5 actually in the midrange portion but it plays midbass a lot better according to specs.

You wont want to use your sonys or kickers at all, its a waste of power and screws up your soundstage.

Actually if you can mod it, you can try to fit 5.25 pro audio mids or 6.5 mids on your dash and have the super tweets in your doors or on your A pillars and have the 8s in your doors for midbass. You'll need 6 channels of amplification so it can be two 4 channel amps or a 4 channel and 2 channel. The amps would need to be active capable as well but a 3 way active front stage setup will sound bomb and definitely keep up with most sub stages.

I had found something and wanted to put it to y'all and see what you guys think, I haven't heard much about Crescendo stuff except that its suppose to be pretty good stuff so when I found these I was thinking about perhaps using theses for mid's and hi's:

PWX 6.5" or 8" Crescendo Pro Audio Mid Ranges

And

FT1-SE Super Tweeter Crescendo Audios.

The mids are about $50-$60 a piece and the Tweets are like $35-45 a piece plus I'll need to find an amp for em I guess... That I haven't looked at yet.

Just wanted to know what y'all have to say about those selections.

Thanks

The super horn thing would need an additional throat. I'd say just do the regular 3 or 4 tweeter in place of your sonys. Midbass in the front and dont even bother doing anything with your rear 6x9s. If you can fit the 8 up front then by all means go ahead, its slightly less loud/efficient than the 6.5 actually in the midrange portion but it plays midbass a lot better according to specs.
You wont want to use your sonys or kickers at all, its a waste of power and screws up your soundstage.

Actually if you can mod it, you can try to fit 5.25 pro audio mids or 6.5 mids on your dash and have the super tweets in your doors or on your A pillars and have the 8s in your doors for midbass. You'll need 6 channels of amplification so it can be two 4 channel amps or a 4 channel and 2 channel. The amps would need to be active capable as well but a 3 way active front stage setup will sound bomb and definitely keep up with most sub stages.
Heck yea, I love that 3-way active front stage set up... It sounds beastmode just thinking about it lol. Would probably go with 2x 4channel amps so I have room to play with later on or to be more versatile as gear for something else should I ever need to change vehicles. Plus I like to have stuff match when I need to use pairs of stuff because I'm ocd like that... So do you think 2x 1k RMS amps will be good? Also planning to move up to 6x 100aH batteries... And I am also working on a bracket design for 2x alternators... I went to the junk yard n got 2 extra brackets I been messing around with lol. If all go right I should have another $1600 to drop into my set in a 8-12 weeks

Heck yea, I love that 3-way active front stage set up... It sounds beastmode just thinking about it lol. Would probably go with 2x 4channel amps so I have room to play with later on or to be more versatile as gear for something else should I ever need to change vehicles. Plus I like to have stuff match when I need to use pairs of stuff because I'm ocd like that... So do you think 2x 1k RMS amps will be good? Also planning to move up to 6x 100aH batteries... And I am also working on a bracket design for 2x alternators... I went to the junk yard n got 2 extra brackets I been messing around with lol. If all go right I should have another $1600 to drop into my set in a 8-12 weeks
well actually you can get a rockford DSR-1 dsp (I did a review on it on the forum you can search for it) for 190-250 dollars and keep your current head unit and it'll allow you to do a legit 3 way active front stage with time alignment and hella EQ settings for really good sound quality as well is loud as balls.

As for 5.25 mids, these are basically the loudest 5.25s money can buy on the market right now.

https://showtimeelectronics.com/shop/prv-audio-5mr450-ndy-4-5-25-5-14-4-ohm-450w-car-audio-neo-midrange-speaker/

well actually you can get a rockford DSR-1 dsp (I did a review on it on the forum you can search for it) for 190-250 dollars and keep your current head unit and it'll allow you to do a legit 3 way active front stage with time alignment and hella EQ settings for really good sound quality as well is loud as balls.

As for 5.25 mids, these are basically the loudest 5.25s money can buy on the market right now.

https://showtimeelectronics.com/shop/prv-audio-5mr450-ndy-4-5-25-5-14-4-ohm-450w-car-audio-neo-midrange-speaker/
Ok so I set up this 3way active front stage with those prv 5.25s in my dash and prv 6.5" or 8" in my doors and some super tweeters either the prv ones I seen or ft1 Crescendos I haven't decided on amps yet tho either 2 1k or 2 1.5k 4channel ones. Then I want to get 2 more 18s... N is will a front stage set up like that be able to keep up with 4 18s? I think I found someone who may buy my 2 FU750s in the box I made for $850... If that happens I can upgrade to the fu1250s n add a bit to get 4 if them. But if not I'll just say with the 750s and get 2 more. But I wanna wall it up. 1/3 open cab port with the stacked one on top of the other and V it at the hatch... Kinda like the Deaf Bounce hummer that's my plan to put together over the next year... 2 HO alts and 8 100aH batteries should be enough to power all that no? I wanna have 4 18s like you boss man

Ok so I set up this 3way active front stage with those prv 5.25s in my dash and prv 6.5" or 8" in my doors and some super tweeters either the prv ones I seen or ft1 Crescendos I haven't decided on amps yet tho either 2 1k or 2 1.5k 4channel ones. Then I want to get 2 more 18s... N is will a front stage set up like that be able to keep up with 4 18s? I think I found someone who may buy my 2 FU750s in the box I made for $850... If that happens I can upgrade to the fu1250s n add a bit to get 4 if them. But if not I'll just say with the 750s and get 2 more. But I wanna wall it up. 1/3 open cab port with the stacked one on top of the other and V it at the hatch... Kinda like the Deaf Bounce hummer that's my plan to put together over the next year... 2 HO alts and 8 100aH batteries should be enough to power all that no? I wanna have 4 18s like you boss man
should be plenty of power. That front stage will keep up extremely easy with the 4 18s. It'll take hours of tuning work though to make it sound good as well.

should be plenty of power. That front stage will keep up extremely easy with the 4 18s. It'll take hours of tuning work though to make it sound good as well.
What kinda box do you have your 18s in? I'm starting to think about ways to build a walled off box. I was thinking a 4'x5'x4' but the highest I've been able to get the tune is around 30hrz and that's basically with just an open window in box as a port. I should mention that this is going to be a 4th order build, but I'm ordering a SPL Bluetooth meter so I can figure out my resonant frequencys but this almost 100cf box seems like too much even tho it's getting a 2/3ratio si like either between 50cf ported 30cf sealed to 65 to 35 respectively... These are just ideas I'm throwing around idk if 4 fu750 18s will do good with that amount of space cuz it's alot more than recommended. Was just wondering if you had a fb or YouTube that showed your set up... You can pm it to me if your not interested with sharing it in the forum if you do have. Or would this work or would it be harmful to the subs if I had 2 fu750s and 2 fu1250s or because the are different would it me detrimental to them sharing the same sealed n ported sections of a box. I'm thinking they difference in pressure each produce may work against the smaller ones. Just curious thx

What kinda box do you have your 18s in? I'm starting to think about ways to build a walled off box. I was thinking a 4'x5'x4' but the highest I've been able to get the tune is around 30hrz and that's basically with just an open window in box as a port. I should mention that this is going to be a 4th order build, but I'm ordering a SPL Bluetooth meter so I can figure out my resonant frequencys but this almost 100cf box seems like too much even tho it's getting a 2/3ratio si like either between 50cf ported 30cf sealed to 65 to 35 respectively... These are just ideas I'm throwing around idk if 4 fu750 18s will do good with that amount of space cuz it's alot more than recommended. Was just wondering if you had a fb or YouTube that showed your set up... You can pm it to me if your not interested with sharing it in the forum if you do have. Or would this work or would it be harmful to the subs if I had 2 fu750s and 2 fu1250s or because the are different would it me detrimental to them sharing the same sealed n ported sections of a box. I'm thinking they difference in pressure each produce may work against the smaller ones. Just curious thx
Do not mix subs. The different parameters will throw the phase out of whack. You’ll end up with cancellation and loss of output.

Do not mix subs. The different parameters will throw the phase out of whack. You’ll end up with cancellation and loss of output.
Yea I had figured as much, just wasn't 100% in it... Dang I shoulda went with the FU1250s in the first place lol... Owell

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
LetMyBeatPound
Albuquerque, NM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from