Setting DTA

Participant count
  • Participant list

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
I recently bridged my front stage and ditched the rears, and the alignment changed a bit from what I originally had it, I'm mainly curious if it is possible to center vocals for both the driver and passenger side. I've been trying to and have yet to find a sweet spot and I'm not sure if I'm trying something that can't even be done

In short, what you're trying to do is impossible with just time alignment. Does your passenger care about imaging?
Not exactly but I occasionally end up in the passenger seat, and that's when I go crazy cause I know what other people hear, how would one go about a center channel? Just a simple speaker ?

Not exactly but I occasionally end up in the passenger seat, and that's when I go crazy cause I know what other people hear, how would one go about a center channel? Just a simple speaker ?
The correct way to add a center channel for good sound from multiple seats is more complicated. The #1 component besides the speaker is a DSP that takes 2-channel music and creates left, center, right, and sub bass at minimum. JBL MS-8 and Alpine PXA-H800 do an excellent job at this, but it all gets a lot more complicated than doing a simple 2.1 system.

turn off time alignement completely when there's more than one person in the car. Works pretty well to be honest. If it doesnt sound good without time alignment, you need to work on the install and tune before hand. Time alignment is the cherry on top, not the scoops of ice cream making up the base.

turn off time alignement completely when there's more than one person in the car. Works pretty well to be honest. If it doesnt sound good without time alignment, you need to work on the install and tune before hand. Time alignment is the cherry on top, not the scoops of ice cream making up the base.
yeah it does sound good all around luckily, im just being picky at this point while i save up for new toys for the build. One day ill get into the more complicated parts im hoping but for now i still havent even put deadener in my doors

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.