Could anyone help me put together a decent system

Participant count
  • Participant list

michael632

Texas
I drive a 2005 Chevy Silverado and the factory speakers are absolutely shot. If I add an ounce of bass to the sound the whole car rattles, so I need to upgrade. However, I know practically nothing about car audio components. Would anyone be willing to help me come up with a reasonable looking build that has all the components I would need? I'm not looking for anything too high-end, just something that would provide me with some solid sound and decent bass.

Thanks!

~Michael

If you'd like to keep the stock head unit and simply want a drop in coaxial set look up the size of your speakers and find something on here or anywhere with decent ratings. I'd do most of your research on this site or one of the other car audio forums. Can't really trust amazon reviews.

If you'd like to go with an aftermarket head unit, new components, amps, and possibly a sub then the first step is giving the guys here a budget. With some patience and a lot of browsing through the forums you can typically find all the info you need and some great deals on used equipment. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by "the whole car rattles" when you add a little bit of bass? Is it the door panels, speakers, etc.? Generally factory head units are under powered and not a lot of people complain about factory speakers rattling their vehicle.

You also need to give a lot more info if you expect useful suggestions/advice.

What is your budget? Does that include installation at a shop? Don't forget harnesses and connectors they cost money too sometimes a lot.

Are you replacing the factory head unit? If so do you want a single din, double din, nav system, etc. Do you want to replace just the front door speakers? Do you want an amp or just using head unit amp? Do you want or plan using a sub woofer? If so you need an amp so may as well budget for it now?

There are all just basic questions for a basic system of reasonable quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.