Seeking wisdom.

Participant count
  • Participants list
I am in need of some wisdom for wiring a new DD receiver for the car. -2002 Chevy Impala LS with factory stereo consisting of an AM/FM, Cd Player, and cassette deck (not sure if that info helps). My Impala will lose its functionality to reset the tire pressure light and oil sensor which indicates when it is time to of course change the oil. These functions I do not want to lose, I have researched the current wiring harnesses that are available to purchase and none of them seem to offer this feature, they simply state they retain factory chime. I have seen a "Relocation Harness" that is a regular harness that connects to the factory wires of the car but split into two ends for Aftermarket stereos to connect to, that allows the factory unit to still be wired into the system and retain exactly what I want. The problem that I currently face is that I cannot find a relocation harness currently for sale. What I am wondering is some help from people who are really good at this. **Can I buy two current wiring harnesses and wire together and then plug each end into the respective receivers? If this doesnt seem possible to wire with two current harnesses, does anyone know where I can get a Relocation Harness from? Any assistance is great appreciated. Thanks

Post pics of the stock head unit harness plugs

I bought this cheap scoche adapter thing that kept the chimes (and all other functions, including, but not limited to: tire pressure sensor, oil life

Have you asked best buy or frys or crutchfield or sonic electronix or anywhere they would be eager to make money?

http://i.imgur.com/umTGeWZ.jpg
umTGeWZ.jpg

See thats the thing I was talkng about, I havent seen any that retain the reset functionality for the oil and tire pressure, and if so how would an aftermarket stereo be able to control a reset function on the car? Plus it comes with a speaker on it? For the chimes? Is there any way to actually wire two of those together to make one wiring harness? Or is there a way to run the plug that comes with aftermarket stereo and the plug from the factory receiver together into one of those Scosche wiring harnesses? No pics yet. Thanks

i know in my grandprix, the deck needs to be reloacted in the car to retain these functions. just get a harness and modify it to reach to the trunk or whereever, then just wire in a deck on separate harness,

In my Monte Carlo all the things that were reset by the radio can be reset using other methods. Like turning the parking lights on and of 3 times to reset the tire light, and pressing and releasing the gas pedal to reset the change oil light.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.