How do I figure out what size fuses to get for my system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

vaa

Boston
So I'm upgrading my stereo in my car. It's a 2002 Civic. I will be doing the big 3 upgrade. I have a ED nine.1 for my sub and a Rockford P400-4 for the rest. The Rockford says it needs an 80amp fuse up by the battery. The Nine.1 has 120A worth of fuses on board. I'm wondering what size fuse I need up by the battery for these two amps. Do I just add them up? I'll be running 1/0 from the battery to my truing to a fused distribution block. What size fuses do I need here(an 80 for the P400 and a 120A for the Nine.1?)? I was going to get the Knu Knoceptz 2 Amp wiring kit, unless there is a better deal out there.

Also can someone recommend a god battery terminal that will make it easier to attach these wires?

Thanks for the help.

you fuse according to your wires rating, you said your getting Knu's amp kit their 0 gauge Fleks wire is rated for 300A and there KCA is rated for 250A, their 4 gauge Fleks is rated for 100A. all these rating are for a 20' length so shorter lengths will yield a slightly higher rating.

So the Nine.1 has it's own fuses. They are more than the 100A of the 4awg wire. Is that ok? Also the Rockford doesn't have any on board fuses so should I make that one an 80A like the manual recommends?

Is the knu Battery terminal a good one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.