Seeking recent information on SKAR auto

smtroupe
10+ year member

I posted last week about looking into some brand that aren't so mainstream that would produce a quality product for a cheaper price. I was sent a Private message about a great deal on SKAR auto, the account is only a few days old on this forum but referenced me to another forum where he is more prominent. I have been doing reading (mostly from 2010-2012 area as it is all i can find), sounds like the owner is not such a good guy. Has anyone dealt with them lately and is there any other precautions i can take such as only using paypal?

if your getting it from a reputable person and its a good price i don't see why not.
That is what i'm trying to discover if they are quality products or if i'm about to drop 450$ on a system that is going to sound like alpine type e's or kicker crv's. I'm specifically looking at

Dual 12" Ported Magna Box Subwoofer Enclosure for Skar Audio Subwoofers

VVX-12v2 600 Watt RMS 12" Subwoofer

LP-1000.1D Monoblock Amplifier

From what i have been able to find on google searches They are comparable/the same as sundown. Most of the post i could find were between 2010-2012 so not much recent information.

Their products speak for themselves. From what I've gathered, there used to be some really shady business going on. But if the product is good and at a good price point...
From the list of stuff you own in your car i believe this system would be close. How does your system sound?

do you have to buy new? there are a lot of 1500ish watt amps out there in the classifieds for cheap.
I'm not concerned about buying used, I looked in the classifieds and **** just looks like random numbers and letters ha. Nice to see someone else from MN also. Just can't find any new reviews or information on SKAR. and if i can get box, amp, and 2 12" subs for under 450 that pushes 1100RMS; that is better than i have been able to find in our local craigslist. I have been Looking at alpine type r's, x's, p2's and up for rockford, and jl audio.

From the list of stuff you own in your car i believe this system would be close. How does your system sound?
I've heard the VVX from Skar are similar to the SA-12s from Sundown (This was just one person, so this may not be reliable). I love mine. It shakes the truck real nice, gets loud enough for 650W a piece, and digs down real low.

well someone just suggested i get

SoundQubed HDS312

Precision Power PPI BK1800.1D 1800W RMS Mono Class D Black Ice Car Amp (BK18001D)

seems like alot nicer gear ugh what a hard decision

If you start venturing into the 1500+ RMS range, make sure your vehicle's electrical can handle it.
Even if i got that system if it hits 1200rms or what ever like the subs say i would never need it over 1500rms. My W7 i had in my last car with a MB quart amp was plenty loud enough so idk which system to go with.. i'm bouncing between two threads i have on here trying to get it figured out.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Kevin, the owner, but not about the products. I've been isinglass a SK1500.1 for almost a year and have zero complaints about it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy Skar products again.

hey man i have the vvx 8s and also 4 ivx 15s and 2 ivx 10s and a skar 1500 amp and everything sounds clean and amazing. You will be impressed and therte used to be some shady stuff going on but as of right now everything is great. I emailed them wth a question they replied quickly the same day. You will be better off with skar than kicker jl audio and alpine. IN MY OPINION

There's about half a dozen butthurt kids on these forums doing a lot of yelling. Possibly 3 people were actually done wrong and the rest of the people feeding into that are just talking out their arse just to feel important.

I've been told by a couple people I respect in the industry that Kevin is a good guy and Skar is a good product.... Who am I going to believe, some jealous forum member or reputable business owners and industry insiders?

I'd agree if you're buying from a legit vendor and the price point is right, go for the Skar. I'm sure they're comparable to everything else that's basically manufactured by the same factories in the far east.

I have dealt with skar/kevin personally, never had any issues. Had a set of their ma-8's and first gen vvx 8's and loved them both. I also would not hesitate to buy again, if the need arose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.