3 way plus sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

murphmann

I have an alpine 9855, mrvF-405,mrv-t540,mrd-m500, how would you setup for most adjustability for active 3-way plus sub?

was going to bridge the 405 on midbass, use the 540 for mid and tweet.....

tw on hi out, mid on low out, midbass and sub on sub out?then I can t/a tw,mid and midbass on the deck and the sub thru the mrdm500.....??? I also have a remote level control for the sub, or should I look for an amp link cable?

You don't have enough channels on the head unit to do 4-way active. The way to make it work is to put the tweeters and mids on passive crossovers, then install them close together so your EQ and time alignment adjustments aren't affected so much by physical separation of the driver pairs.

Each amplifier needs to get the input directly from the head unit, not passed through from one amplifier daisy chain style.

both amplifiers have capability to do full bandpass active....can use tw and mids on the 540 and still have active x/o capability on them, no passives needed
Ok, but you still should do what I suggested about placement of the mids and tweeters since they're still sharing the same channels off the head unit. If you don't do it this way it's not the worst. Like you would with any active setup, you'll be adjusting levels on each speaker individually, which helps to dial in the imaging and staging.

mids and tweets I can give separate channels,therefore,t/a each separately,the sub out from the deck will daisychain thru the midbass amp to the sub amp, if I t/a the sub channels for the midbass, then I can compensate the little xtra t/a I need with the sub amp for them,no?this way I can t/a everthing separate,(tw,mid,midbass on the deck), sub on the sub amp. should work no???

It's much more important for "up front bass" to be able to T/A the midbass separately from the sub. The sub is left with 0 delay if it's the farthest speaker. How do you plan to place all the speakers and the sub?

the delays from the two amps should add up to what I need for the sub- it has its own digital xover built into the amp

so on the deck I will set t/a for the midbass, then add a bit more with the sub amp....

mids and tweets will go on the dash/a-pillars,midbasses are in the doors, subs in the back- vehicle is a dodge Dakota xtra cab.

the sub actually isn't the farthest speaker- the right midbass is

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

murphmann

murphmann
thompson mb ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
murphmann